Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BDMV Structure - Where to place nfo fanart etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Now that xbmc dharma is finding my locally stored blu-ray's I have a question for you that I can't seem to find the answer to in the wiki or using forum search.

Where and what filenames should things like poster / fanart / extrathumbs / trailer / nfo be stored for these bdmv structures. Is it documented anywhere?

Ember Media Manager seems to store everything under the STREAM folder which I don't like. I have placed fanart, movie.nfo, movie.tbn and extrathumbs just under the BDMV folder and xbmc seemed to pick these up but can't get it to find the trailer file.

I think in anycase, the preffered place for xbmc to look would be outside of the BDMV structure, incase its ever going to be used to create backups etc, ie not cluttering up the bdmv structure with all of this data.

So in summary

Ember Media Manager looks and stores files in g:\Films\Avatar (2009)\BDMV\STREAM\
XBMC seems to look in g:\Films\Avatar (2009)\BDMV\
but to keep the BDMV structure unaltered I think xbmc should look here for this type of data g:\Films\Avatar (2009)\

What do you think?
the file we "see" is the index.bdmv file.
Thanks spiff, I mean to pickup locally stored fanart, nfo, extrathumbs etc. Where does XBMC currently look for these files for locally stored blu-ray structures.

Currently xbmc dharma sees both index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10012 and as I descibed above, finds some of the fanart / nfo files in the BDMV directory. Is this documented yet? Just want to find out if its finalized etc as I would love to see it look just one folder up from the BDMV structure (so it doesn't have to be altered from its original state).
point was; index-fanart.jpg, index.tbn, index-trailer.xxx

this is extremely new code, so we may want to do some extra stuff here that isn't in place yet, i dunno if it's required.
Alright cool, well index-trailer.mp4 within the BDMV directory isn't being picked up for me unfortunately.

Its probably too early to begin creating trac reports about problems like this, or feature requests such as to have it scan one folder above bdmv?
weird. that should really work.
you're right, silly aeon65 skin wasn't showing the trailer icon. I'll bring that up with them, cheers. Only issue really is double detection, of index.bdmv and movieobject.bdmv but thats already reported on trac so we are good.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I think aeon65 skin depends on xbmc here, ie in the library view it displays the view trailer icon if it finds a trailer exists. Currently the trailer icon only appears in the info dialog, not in the library view for this index-trailer.mp4 file, so perhaps this is an xbmc issue?

EDIT 2: Ignore above.... works on one of the two instances of each bdmv found in the library.. probably related to index.bdmv vs MovieObject.bdmv, cheers.
spiff do you think the bdmv structures being detected twice will be something that anyone is interested in fixing before dharma final build is released? http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10012
it's definitely not nice.
mark007 Wrote:I think in anycase, the preffered place for xbmc to look would be outside of the BDMV structure, incase its ever going to be used to create backups etc, ie not cluttering up the bdmv structure with all of this data.

What do you think?

I have ripped my movies like this:

\movies\moviename\BDMV\...
\movies\moviename\movie.nfo <- with imdb url

XBMC does not see this file as it looks in the BDMV folder. I totally agree with you that the ripped structure should be untouched and files placed out side.

Thanks
spiff, would it be ok if file found is index.bdmv or movieobject.bdmv and folder is bdmv, to have nfo code look in parent folder for nfo file also?
FYI, I am currently refactoring the related code. As for optical media stuff like VIDEO_TS and BDMV we will check the parent folder.
Oh great! Please post back when finished and I will test it Smile
vdrfan Wrote:FYI, I am currently refactoring the related code. As for optical media stuff like VIDEO_TS and BDMV we will check the parent folder.

Do you already know how the filenames for .nfo, fanart, trailer etc. have to be when its done?
I just tested this with beta 3... now it seems movies are scanned now (didn't look in log to see if it used nfo or foldername), however no poster is shown on the folder in file mode. it's there if you look at the movie info and in library mode.
Pages: 1 2