Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Login screen after installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a little problem:
when I start a live session from XBMC Live cd, XBMC starts immediatly without any user's interaction.
I installed on my revo 3610 and after the boot, I get the gdm login screen and XBMC doesn't start automatically.

is this the normal behaviour?
thx a lot
Quote:I installed on my revo 3610 and after the boot, I get the gdm login screen and XBMC doesn't start automatically.
Are you sure it is the gdm login? /// or are you sure you installed xbmc live?

(if it is not a "Graphical" login it is not the gdm.)
eheh yes, I download the version from here; as you can see, there is only the live version for linux.

On the installation end, the system creates a default desktop user (in my case 'pollo'). After reboot, I get the gdm graphical screen login with 2 possible choices:
  • pollo
  • Others...
you cant have xbmclive installed, since xbmclive doesnt have a gdm login, in fact xbmclive doesnt have any window manager, your install is not xbmclive. I suggect you format the drives and install again.
are you sure?
I installed the xbmc and xbmcfreak live version and the result is the same.
with unetbootin I created a USB data key with xbmclive and live session works flawlessly.
furthermore, the partitioner during installation doesn't work with logical volume (Guided logical volumes setup): after reboot the kernel is not loaded (I can't remember the exact error now, but I'm sure it's XBMCLive related)
You are doing something very strange or you have the wrong CD.

Quote:Are you sure?
If you install the same live CD we are using and you dont mess with the installation there will be no gdm. If you install gdm or any other package that includes gdm or kdm xbmc-live will be replace by the dm.
Ya, thats tru I bet hes installed something that requires and installs gdm, in that case xbmc-live is un-installed, in either case I bet this is user error. for xbmc usb nstalls use http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80049 if your installing to hdd not needed.
I get gdm after the very FIRST reboot, no software added.
One more info: I made installation while revo was connected to internet via router; is it possible that some updating process messed up my installation?
I think it is maybe possible to add packages over internet if you enable expert mode on grub command line and try really hard.

Most likely there is a much easier explaination.
your the only person experiencing this, with any packages or install its impossible to have gdm just appear...

I still think its user error.
X3lectric Wrote:your the only person experiencing this, with any packages or install its impossible to have gdm just appear...

I still think its user error.

good point!
So the correct behaviour is an automatic xbmc start without any user interaction, ins't it?