Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dharma Beta 1 and Antec's VERIS family RM200 / Ante
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been struggling to get the remote and built in LCD/IR receiver working in the previous release of XBMC. So when I saw that support was added to the Linux version of XBMC for my case, I said why not give it shot. Well I am lost. I installed the Dharma Beta 1 from the Live CD, and everything else seems to be working correctly. But I can not figure out how to get my remote set up.

So a couple questions:

1) Am I correct in assuming that since support was added for linux, then it is also in the live cd version?

2) If I am correct, what do I need to do to enable it / set it up?

If I somehow missed it in the wiki or another forum post, my apologies. A link would be much appreciated.
I just went from OPENSUSE 11.3 with XBMC (since I spent about 10 hours trying to fix LIRC after the upgrade from 11.2 to 11.3 broke my Antec Veris Basic via Logitech Harmony MCE) to XBMC Live Dharma Beta 2. XBMC Live Dharma Beta 2 didn't work with Antec Veris out of the box. It was by default set to MCE (not Antec Veris MCE)

1. If you are using the Antec Veris remote and not a MCE remote do the following:

SSH into your XBMC Live box with Putty.

Then do the following:
sudo nano /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

Change: REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb" to REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="imon/lircd.conf.imon-antec-veris"

sudo nano /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

Change: include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb" to include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/imon/lircd.conf.imon-antec-veris"

sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart

2. If you are using a MCE remote (or Logitech Harmony programmed as a MCE remote) do the following

SSH into your XBMC Live box with Putty.

Then do the following:

sudo apt-get install wget

sudo wget -q http://www.stpit.com/public/lirc_imon.conf -O /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf

sudo nano /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

Change: REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb" to REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="imon/lircd.conf.imon-imon-mceusb"

sudo nano /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

Change: include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb" to include /usr/share/lirc/remotes/imon/lircd.conf.imon-imon-mceusb"

sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart
@stpfarms thanks for that. I had given up hope on a direct answer. Unfortunately I can not try it until this weekend, but will definitely do and let you know how it goes. Again I appreciate your help.