Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Asrock ION 330 - MKV Stutter VDPAU Enabled - Weird DTS problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Asrock ION 330 motherboard
Digital out: VT2020 VIA toslink connected to Pioneer VSX-515
Nvidia: nvidia-glx-185

I finally got my soundcard working with Ubuntu yesterday night after upgrading the Alsa to latest version.

I quickly installed xbmc & nvidia-glx-185 rebooted. Show can start Smile

A quick play of MKV file was stuttering and the very weird thing was that on my AV receiver I saw DTS and it switched to stereo again to DTS again to stereo.

So everytime the video stutters it switches to stereo? Anyone has seen this problem before?

After a big dissapointment I decided not to watch MKV but a DVD ripped in ISO form on my mediacenter.

I got Dolby Digital Perfectly on my AV receiver, although no voices... :-(
Very soft I hear the people speaking but nothing from my center speaker...

Can anyone help?
You are going to find it hard to get answers without a little more info and searching.

What version of XBMC, have you setup your audio output in xbmc, have you setup video playback in xbmc, do you have libvdpau-dev installed to activate vdpau features.

and you need 190.42 and higher nvidia drivers minimum....

goggle nvidia-lucid current and you will find a thread on how to install the latest nvidia drivers for your system

Dave
I reinstalled everything this time using ubuntu 9 and it works perfectly now.

Only MP3 sound is muted or something, I hear nothing, but I am currently reading a thread on this item.

This thread can be closed.

Thanks