Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Updating Library-Strange Behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Platform: AppleTV
Launcher version:3.2.5
Install Method: Launcher
SVN Revision:33324

Hello,

I decided to factory restore my ATV as the add-ons in Dharma didn't seem to be working. All went smoothly. however, when I scan for new content to load my library nothing appears in the UI. I have my library exported as multiple files on the SMB share...as far as I know it should just update using the .nfo and .jpg etc that exist in the folders on my share. Strangely if I bring up the context menu>movie information it then "loads" the library details from the share. With hundreds of movies I don't fancy a 1 by 1 process though.

Any suggestions on how to update my library from the files on my share VERY welcome.Huh

http://pastebin.com/ypr2Hna4
At a guess your settings when you "Set Content" were incorrect. Check what they are.
Geeze jmarshal don't make me open a can of whoop ass. No i haven't set the content incorrectly. i've been using xbmc long enough now. I checked and re-checked everything. It should work. Scraping a few TvShows that I hadn't exported the library for works fine.

I really, really don't want to have to re-build my film library so any suggestions welcomed.
So what were the settings set to?

Have you tried setting content back to "None" then re-setting content to "Movies"?

Cheers,
Jonathan
i should say I do appreciate the posts jmarshall.

it was set to movies; scraper was IMDB. i have also tried to set to the default The MovieDB. Other settings are "use folder for title" and "contains a single file". (I've tried most combos of the options now)

Just tried setting it back to "none". it does a reset on the library. re-set to movies as content and re-scanned. same deal.

the strange thing is if I click on the file I get the background fan art, info and thumbnail...so it appears as if the adding to the library part doesn't work but it does pull in the data from my smb share to my film directories....as my post suggests..weird

any chance you could look at my log file...man this is like may day job "software product manager"
I've had something like this happen also...but if I go to the source in the Video menu, bring up the context menu and "scan for new content" it usually "finds" the (rest of) the files. Doesn't seem to make any sense though why it happens in the first place.

I just loaded Dharma onto my Revo and under a new "HTPC" logon for the PC - so started from scratch source wise...after setting everything up and setting the content correctly - went back to look at the "view" for the TV show and only 2 shows were there...yet under the Video source for the TV shows, all are there...just never got added to the library? So as noted above, (re)scanned and now they are there? This happened once or twice under 9.11 also...sporadic?

My guess was that something else I did AFTER I set it scanning for new content the FIRST time (setup) caused XBMC to abandon the scanning?

Q: if XBMC is scanning for content (first time) and you add another source...does that scanning get added to a "queue" or could that have forced it to drop what it was doing?
@logan_x50: "folder contains a single movie" should NOT be set. That is your problem. After all, the folder that you're settings content on certainly contains far more than a single movie. Rather, it contains lots of movies, each in their own folder.

@puulima: Sounds like it's unrelated, particularly if it's 9.11 - after all, the scanner has essentially been overhauled since (that's not to say it's improved ofcourse :p )

And to answer your question: If XBMC is scanning and you add another source, then that won't affect the current scanning process I shouldn't think, though what happens if you tell it to "Run scan automatically" I'm not 100% sure. The debug log, however, WILL be 100% sure about it. Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:@puulima: Sounds like it's unrelated, particularly if it's 9.11 - after all, the scanner has essentially been overhauled since (that's not to say it's improved ofcourse :p )

And to answer your question: If XBMC is scanning and you add another source, then that won't affect the current scanning process I shouldn't think, though what happens if you tell it to "Run scan automatically" I'm not 100% sure. The debug log, however, WILL be 100% sure about it. Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm on Dharma Beta 1, sorry if I wasn't too clear... I just went looking through my TV Shows from the TV Show menu (library) option as well as from the source under videos, and several are missing. The folders/files are there in the source folder...but even after I select the scan for new content (and reboot with the library updated on startup) they don't get picked up.

But they are present on my laptop. Both the Revo and the Thinkpad are running Dharma Beta 1.

What logs should I post and do I need to turn on debugging first - then try re-scanning?

I'm also having some weird differences in the two installs with some keyboard items - I'll post a separate thread but seeing as everything is working on the laptop but not on the Revo - seems odd. IE: pressing "w" marks a movie watched on the thinkpad and a capital W skips to the movies starting with W. On the Revo...it goes to/cycles through the movies starting with a W regardless of whether it's upper/lower case.

My Revo is Windows 7 Home Starter, Thinkpad is Vista Ultimate - could that drive issues like this?