Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skip genre screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm very new to XBMC but I am really enjoying it. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago - I thik it was version 9.11 for Win7 (if that helps at all?) with the confluence skin.

Anyhow I currently click on 'Movies' or 'TV series' in library mode and the next screen is the genre screen (show by director, comedy, thriller etc etc). Now I have noticed that I only ever use the 'Title' option so as to get a full listing of the movies or tv shows saved to xbmc.

My question is (eventually!!) is there a way to skip the genre screen all together in library mode and go straight to the title option?

My second question relates to icon:
Also in library mode once I have selected 'Videos' from the left hand pop-out menu I get presented with icons for 'Movies', 'Tv series' etc. as well as for 'recently added movies' and 'recently added TV'. Is there anyway to remove these options completely and leave me with a straight choice of just 'Movies' or 'TV'?

Please note that in no way am I a programmer - just a user - so if the above requires program alteraions could you please, if it's not too much trouble, put all the steps in really basic "janet and John" speak? Please do assume I'm stupid and need lots of help - it saves time in the long run! Smile

Many thanks for your help.
When on the main menu with Videos highlighted hit right arrow on your keyboard you will get a Sub Menu with TV and Movies they will take you directly into your Library, once you have done that once with movies videos on the main menu should also now take you straight to movies

You can also add Movies and TV option to the main menu in settings
Hmm that didn't quite work. When I click on the movies or tv on the sub menu you mentioned it still went to the genre screen. However the problem has been overcome with your second suggestion of adding movies and tv to the main menu and removing videos. That does exactly what I wanted and goes direct from my selection of either to the library for that selection so thank you very much for the suggestion - well happy Smile
In the Options menu of "Video", enable Flatten.