Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scrapers are not working at all.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

catalyst

I apologize for not having some required information here, but I'm at work and don't have access to my setup at the moment. I will update with better info later if necessary. I do know that I'm running a stable version of Camelot (live) with Ubuntu 10.04 Live on a new Revo.

Setup went pretty well, and everything seems to be working EXCEPT THE SCRAPERS. For my TV folder, the scraper finds NOTHING from any scraper source. My structure for Arrested Development is this...

tv/Arrested Development/Season 1/s01.e01.Pilot.avi

...for all episodes and seasons. I changed Arrested Development to better match the naming convention. My other shows are currently structured like...

tv/show name/season/XYY - episode title.avi

...where X is the season number and YY is the episode number. I haven't updated the naming scheme of these shows yet, and the only thing I can think of for TV is that it's not working because all of the shows are not consistently named. But wouldn't it still pick up Arrested Development?

Okay, then I have another folder full of movies. The structure is...

film/film title/film title.avi

...for movies that I have recently updated and...

film/film title.avi

...for movies that I have yet to update (better quality). The scraper picks random movies for a few of them (not the right ones) and nothing for the rest. I tried every option including with and without using folder names to search. Again, the inconsistent naming is my only suspicion.

Finally, I have a second movie folder for movies that I have not watched yet. ALL of the movies in this folder are structured as...

unseen/film title.avi

This is the most bizarre one - especially considering that this should be the most likely to work. Instead of searching for the movie by its file name, the scraper searches by the count of the movie. I.e., the first movie is '1', the second movie is '2', the third movie is '3', et cetera, regardless of the title. So the ninth movie in the list was found to be the recently released '9' by Tim Burton. I actually HAVE that movie in the same folder, but it's first in the list and labeled '1'. Why would the scraper search by order?

Again, if more information is needed, I can post it tonight. I was just hoping for some preemptive help that might make me realize I've been doing something silly. Any help is appreciated!
Hello,

With naming things I've had the best luck with the structure:
/tv shows/showname/showname - S##E## - episodetitle

However, I've also noticed the scraper being either very slow or not working at all for the past few days, so it could be something server side. EDIT: Though, if it's doing it for both movies AND Tv shows, perhaps not... they use different servers after all.

I would say try that naming structure and update/clean your library. Then go to the "info" section on a TV show, then go to "reload" and select "yes" when it asks you if you want to reload all of the episodes.

-Koriar
A debug log where you (re)scan is the absolute first stop in troubleshooting.
Yikes, you should really have the show title in the video file name. What happens if they somehow get rearranged?

catalyst

Rearranged? What do you mean? Here is my log from trying to scan the TV shows:

http://pastebin.com/YjCSg1qX

I tried to do as little as possible for it, but it still seems long. I'll post another of the weird video folder in a bit.

catalyst

Here's one of me booting, adding my unseen folder, and letting it scan the first dozen or so movies:

http://pastebin.com/qifU9yhr
The key bit of info you were missing: You're using UPnP - you cannot scan UPnP content into the library, as the URLs are not static. Switch to using smb or similar and you won't have an issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan

catalyst

Ahhhh, alright. How do I do an SMB connection to my NAS? Is that something I have to set up on the NAS, or should I just be able to connect with XBMC? When I try to connect via SMB, XBMC tells me that a share is not available.

EDIT: I'm using a Synology DS209 NAS. I did a quick look through its menu, but I didn't see any mention of SMB.

catalyst

I figured out how to access the NAS via SMB. For anyone curious, I had to manually add the server by its IP address. I'm not sure why XBMC did not pick it up when I browsed for SMB shares, but it works now.

Now that I have it connected properly, it looks like the scrapers are finally working! Thanks for all of your help, guys!!

Also, I suggest adding to the wiki to mention that UPnP does not support scrapers.