Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choosing a remote profile for my universal remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, this might be best for the lirc mailing list, but I've always seen great responses here...

I've got a handful of Philips SRU8112 Universal remotes I plan to hand out to friends and family I've setup xbmc installs for. Currently I have them programmed to emulate the Samsung remote that came with my Plasma. There are a couple of issues with this.
1. Not all buttons on my universal remote are mapped and send out a signal
2. Many buttons conflict with the tv itself

What I am looking for is a remote out there that already has an lirc conf file available that has a ton of buttons on it. Also, looking for something that won't conflict with Samsung, Onkyo, Phillips or Sony devices already in our setups.

Anyone have any suggestions of a remote profile that I can use?

Thanks
Hi all, still looking for ideas on this one. I was thinking a DVR or Directv remote would be a good one to emulate. They have a lot of buttons and functions.

Anyone have a model number of a remote that is already mapped in lirc that I can use and set my universal remote to?

thanks
Am I missing something... Does the remote have an MCE option? If so use that, very little config needed.

If you don't have a MCE profile... I would just use a random DVR code, they usually use a lot of buttons. Some remotes will beep or click when a button is actually sending a signal or you may have a device that lights up when any IR signal is being read... either way... setup a random profile, press buttons and confirm a sig is coming out of each press...

If you have a remote setup on your xbmc install... you can run irw (I think its that), which will show received signals too...
Nope, no option for MCE, not that I can figure out at least. Thats why I was hoping to find another device to mimic.

I grabbed a handful of these remotes from Woot a while back for family/friends that I setup xbmc for so I'm hoping to avoid the learning feature for each one. I'd rather do a bit of lirc work that I can copy to each system...

ideas?

Thanks
Right, I'm along the same lines... a random DVR code... but was hoping someone could suggest a model of a DVR remote that already has an lirc config mapped to it...

I went looking through the lirc codes for sony/philips/rca etc looking for a generic one to use, but didn't find any with more than just a handful of buttons mapped...

Is everyone out there using an MCE profile with their remotes? I was thinking this would be a common issue...
I dont have a phillips configuration file but i have posted hex and lircd.conf here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=606919&postcount=8

Not sure if your remote software supports importing hex..

If you do convert it to a pcf or ccf, make sure to post it so they are all in one place!