Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Sync issue (on Mac)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is a specific problem with the Mac version, that's why I am posting in general support.

Most of my stuff plays just perfectly, however, this evening I ripped some SpongeBob DVDs for the kids, and the audio is off by about two seconds. When played in VLC (on both the Mac and a Windows machine) it plays perfectly.

I'm not sure if the problem is related by xbmc, but I'm a little bit confused at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, ripped using handbrake.
Just downloaded the MAC version a couple of days ago.
I see the same issue: When watching recorded TV Shows the video seems to be lacking behind the sound more and more. Typically it is great for the first minutes... but over the next 30 to 40 minutes the delay increases to 4, even 5 seconds.
I worked around this by altering the "sound delay" every so often. But this can only be a short workaround. It really annoys.
Quick research revealed, that XBMC faced those issues like 5 years ago already. Was/is there a fix? Got it broken again? Or is it something new now?

Berni
Berni Wrote:Just downloaded the MAC version a couple of days ago.
I see the same issue: When watching recorded TV Shows the video seems to be lacking behind the sound more and more. Typically it is great for the first minutes... but over the next 30 to 40 minutes the delay increases to 4, even 5 seconds.
I worked around this by altering the "sound delay" every so often. But this can only be a short workaround. It really annoys.
Quick research revealed, that XBMC faced those issues like 5 years ago already. Was/is there a fix? Got it broken again? Or is it something new now?

Berni

xbmc.log
Hi davilla!

I would like to provide my xbmc.log. I located it and I still can repeat the out-of-sync issue.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to attach files here. Why? I don't know...
How should we go on?

Berni
Read stickies or wiki. Says to use pastebin to send logs.
Ok, got it:
http://pastebin.com/0NGJhPut

Have fun!
Berni
1) Built on Dec 23 2009 (SVN:26018) <-- UPGRADE to Dharma B2 at least.
2) Make sure to enable debug next time.
Dec 23 2009? Yeah, I got the last "release" :-)
I will download the last build and try again... I will keep you posted!

Thanks!
Dharma beta 2: "Built on Sep 14 2010 (SVN:33778)"
Issue is the same. At the end of a 45min movie, the sound is way ahead of the pictures.
-> http://pastebin.com/iVtAY9b3
Another - probably interesting - piece of information: Plex 0.9.0.21 has the same issue with those files.
I am still looking for the reason of those sound sync issues... I tried to figure out what the difference between GOOD and BAD files is.
Looks like it comes down to AVIs that are cut: the original file does good while the stripped down one shows the issue...

Is it possible, that video and sound streams are cut differently? Does this mean, the cutting algorithm is bad? Why do Quicktime/Perian and VLC play back even the cut version correctly?

Any ideas?
Hm...
Just checked Beta 3, the issue is still there.
Is anybody investigating? Trying to fix it?
Thanks!