Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: new visualization thinkthank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
starting a new thread about making the visualization cooler.

idea was
fanart with ken burns effect
or even better
fanart with ken burns effect and visualization on top of that again.

i was also thinking about changing the behavior of the cdcover when changing from current playing to next track.

i've been wrapping my brain around for hrs now trying to change the visualization behavior, but i don't think my two braincells wanna work together today.
what i was trying to do was instead of the cover sliding left and right for changing between current and next, i was hoping to get it to rotate around the x-axis. do you guys think this will look cool? if any of you have the skills to code this i would be really happy Big Grin

let the discussion begin!
Quote:fanart with ken burns effect and visualization on top of that again.

Love the Idea of this one.
zwat Wrote:fanart with ken burns effect and visualization on top of that again.
1+++++
love this idea!!!

zwat Wrote:i was also thinking about changing the behavior of the cdcover when changing from current playing to next track.
me too... i love the current look, but im not really happy with this jumping from "now playing" to "next playing" and back again...
for me it would be better to keep the "now playing" permanent visible, all the time in front and the "next playing"only popps up from time to time like now, maybe in the right corner, only a small cover with ARTIST and TITLE, nothing else...

But i think (if there is the fanart-ken burns-visualization) another effect with cover would be to much... "now playing" with cdart (like now but permanent) is really great, only sometimes the "next playing"... that would be perfect for that widget and the idea with this new viz... WOW!
hmm on my box the now playing is always showing, but on laptop it's sliding away all the time.
an other idea i had was having the next track slide in from right, looking like the small now playing, with artist - track. it could stop right over the now playing text and right of now playing cover and then fade away. think there is enough room for the small now playing cover there.

what i also was thinking was if there was no cover for the track, let the fallback image be genre instead of default cover image.
I also think the 'next playing' sliding in and out all the time is distracting. I mentioned a while back that it looks nervous. Maybe have it pop-up a minute or so prior to the now playing track finishing, at beginning, or both?!

As far as the visualization/fanart goes. I do really like that look. The Burns effect might be a bit much but worth looking into.