Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add Video Source - NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,

I'm new into the linux world, and trying out xbmc on ubuntu rather than windows..

My problem is, when I want to add my NAS on windows, I've mapped the drive and then just added it as source, but in linux I have the choise of using SMB (which is rather slow)... Instead I've setup my NAS for NFS (I think thats what it's called), and mounted the drive as a network drive so it now appears next to my file system.. The problem is now, that I want to add this drive as video source, but I can't map other local folders than whats located in my user folder..

Is there any workaround for this?
Already did that mate, and been through atleast the five first pages without anyone of them describing my problem..
You could just manually type it in instead of hitting browse when you go to add a source. That's what I always do for my folders I mount.
And that's what's also described in the wiki, the first google search result.
Why not map the NFS share into your home directory directly?

My fstab looks like this:

Code:
# NFS v3 shares
amalthea:/var/data/video    /home/username/server/    nfs    rw,defaults,intr,auto,noatime,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,async,nfsvers=3    0    0
You can also bind directory to home.

/etc/fstab:
Code:
nas:/media       /mnt/nfs               nfs   rw,noatime,nolock  0 0
/mnt/nfs/movies  /home/username/movies  none  bind               0 0
(something like that)
I solved it, problem was in the first place that I didn't know that I could manually type in the location, secondly that I didn't exactly know where it was located, but after some searching I found the correct location :-)

I have to get used to the way linux structure folders and files..

I might try out the other solutions later on, but right know my problems is around hardware acceleration

But thanks for the replies, they helped a lot :-)