Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Doesn't scan/add 1 tvepisode because the mkv is inside folders inside the rars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to my Debug Log when scanning Ghost whisperer it doesn't scan and there for it can't add: Ghost.Whisperer.S03E16.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU\ctu-x264-ghost.whisperer.s03e16.rar

I think it's because inside the rar it's wierdly packaged but it contains the mkv none the less it's a folder named gw-316 and then another folder named out and in that folder we got the mkv file(should it not scan inside folders inside rars for a mkv or avi file? for a scenario like this)

Is there any way to make it search inside the rars for mkv/avi files?
XBMC's default behavior is to look into archives. Make sure the rar-set is not password encrypted. Mind sharing your complete debug log (pastebin)?
the problem is that the episode ain't mentioned inside the Debug Log but very well here it is:

http://pastebin.com/LX8t9AXd as you can see ctu-x264-ghost.whisperer.s03e16.rar is entirly missing in the log. I have a feeling it's the fact that inside the rars there is first 2 folders and then the mkv:

\gw-316\out\ghost.whisperer.s03e16.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu.mkv
Correct - rar's are only picked up if there's a single file at the root level.
is it possibole to make an exception for when there is only 1 file but several folders inside rars? and if so any chance you can tell me how. Thanks appreciate your help.
You alter the source code. That's the only way to do it.
oh ;( can't code anything that advance Sad

Guess I will just have to waste 1.1gb having an unpacked copy in the folder also.