Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fullscreen button doesnt seem to be working here....any ideas?
sfar Wrote:I just installed XBMC on my iPad and it looks great! One problem though; when I select a multi-disc set I see no covers on the movies in the set. Otherwise the covers display nicely.
At the time i write the movie-set part of code, the JSON api wasn't able to fetch sets, so XBMC Commander is falling back to the old http api here. Seems this wasn't tested enough Rolleyes
I've put it onto my todo-list, although i'd rather hope for the JSON api being able to handle movie sets soon.

Quote:Fullscreen button doesnt seem to be working here....any ideas?
I suspect you expect this button to maximize your xbmc window...?
Actually this button simulates a "tab" keypress. When playing a video, this should toggle the visibility of the interface (menu etc).
Maybe i should rename that baby somehow...
grywnn Wrote:I suspect you expect this button to maximize your xbmc window...?
Actually this button simulates a "tab" keypress. When playing a video, this should toggle the visibility of the interface (menu etc).
Maybe i should rename that baby somehow...

Indeed - that is what I expected.

Is there any way to do that (Alt-Enter) ?

If not, any chance of that being added in an update?

Also, is there any way to also show the text of titles underneath each poster?

Thanks, awesome app!
subvertbeats Wrote:Indeed - that is what I expected.

Is there any way to do that (Alt-Enter or #) ?

If not, any chance of that being added in an update?
The next update will add the ability to customize the options menu, adding custom keyboard events or calling some of xbmcs built in functions (like library cleaning for ex.)
So the answer is: In the next update, yes! Wink

Quote:Also, is there any way to also show the text of titles underneath each poster?
I've experimented with putting text on the front side of the shelves, but found no way that really satisfied me... maybe i'll design a small metal badge for this and try again. Noted on my todo list.
grywnn Wrote:The next update will add the ability to customize the options menu, adding custom keyboard events or calling some of xbmcs built in functions (like library cleaning for ex.)
So the answer is: In the next update, yes! Wink

I've experimented with putting text on the front side of the shelves, but found no way that really satisfied me... maybe i'll design a small metal badge for this and try again. Noted on my todo list.

Thanks for being so responsive! Glad to be supporting your efforts.
Edit: Nevermind. All my problems where related to XBMC, not the app itself. Great work! Looks awsome!
Sounds like problems with the svn version to me, but you never know...
Try clearing the cache: On the remote screen hit options twice (a bug i just found; the search bar shouldn't be there... is replaced bar a toolbar when you open the menu a second time), edit, select your server, hit the "clear cache" button. Maybe that helps with the thumbs.

I should automatically get a crashlog when you sync your ipad the next time, i'll have a look at it tomorrow. The crash you were experiencing earlier might be svn related, but the app shouldn't crash even if xbmc misbehaves No

Edit:
Quote:Edit: Nevermind. All my problems where related to XBMC, not the app itself. Great work! Looks awsome!
Glad to hear that Laugh

I'll be off for the rest of the day (we're e few hours ahead here in germany), i'll work through further posts tomorrow.
This App is sooooo damn cool, Tanks for it.....

A few days ago I asked about Web radio... Its possible to put Radio channels to the favourites in xbmc. So if I "just" could call a favourite with your App. - that would Be perfect

Best App I have tried so far........

Thanks
i must say i really like your app and as u said no problem getting to the sub button Smile

2 things : Is it possibly to get the playlist in the app soo i can change track without turning on my tv ( like in the xbmc remote for iphone )?

How do a do a rescan of movies or tv if it get fubar with the covers , i had poster on my tv serie view when i tried the app and it scanned a few tv series that way , soo i change all to banners in xbmc but the app dint rescan the serie that had been scanned soo now half is poster and rest is banner.
Good to see it on the app store finally. This was an excellent app in Beta and I have now purchased it.

Keep up the excellent work.
Just wanted to say if you have an iPad and love xbmc BUY THIS APP!!!!! Great work thanks !!
Truly amazing app!! Really polished, and already a joy to work with!

Aside from the bug you already mentiond grywynn (the one where the status bar appears the way it should be only after the second time clicking it) I seem to have stumbled upon another one: somethings not completely right when clearing the cache. It looks like the plot of a movie doesn't get cleared. First I scraped my movies using a English scraper, after I cleared the cache and scraped all my movies with a Dutch scraper (after setting content on XBMC to 'None' to clean my library) the plots where still showing the English plot.

Hope you understand my post and can use it to 'bughunt' Smile

And again: superapp!!!
grywnn Wrote:DEAR BETA TESTERS
I'd like to keep in touch with you for future releases. The next update (including customizable Menu items on the remote screen) should be ready soon. You can continue using the last beta for now.
You want us to keep the current version? If we buy it are we removed from being able to test the next version for you? I want to support you, but I don't want to mess up the testing.
Thank you!!! Finally got the the best app for xbmc

Could I ask for one thing please? In the tv part have a setting to turn off watched please? Like you have in the movies part.. I have so much I can't remember what Im up to in seasons (I like to mix them up) and the ability to mark a program or film watched via the app.

Great job Big Grin
zepfan Wrote:You want us to keep the current version? If we buy it are we removed from being able to test the next version for you? I want to support you, but I don't want to mess up the testing.

I assume since it's just an ipa file we can buy the full version and then update it with any future Beta versions.

Also, I think you may appreciate this quote, I've just been watching it on XBMC: ‎"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"