Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very happy, the best just got better!

The new layout is very cool. I have a grey background, not black though but that is not a complaint. IMO there is ample room still to add one more movie thumb per row so there could be 6 thumbs instead of 5 per row.

I seem to be getting "the request timed out" more often and it seems to be related to the new multitasking capability. I usually get the message when going back into the app after being out of it for more than a minute or so. It reconnects by itself pretty quickly though so not too much of a bother.

Happy that "the" is no longer considered when sorting!

"Jump to remote screen" when starting a movie or TV show is a great option.

IMDB links is great!

Trailers takes me to the regular YouTube site where the tailors won't play because of lack of Flash. Would be nice if it made the YouTube App run instead. The IMDB option does make my IMDB App run.

Again, these are not complaints. I am very happy with my purchase and these new features simply pull your app farther ahead of the pack.

Great job!
Thank you for an outstanding app. The new features in the release are terrific. I'm using this app to sell my friends & relatives on the app, XBMC, and the iPad...it works! Thanks again.
Thanks for the update! Especially grateful for the ability to customize the menu. Made myself a button to change audio track. Virtual keyboard is also nice. Great job.
One thing though. App has the ability to give menu items new names. When I named my new button in Russian (cyrrilic), it had a different font.
Hey gang,

I just submitted a review for XBMC Commander at the App store and I encourage you all to do the same. Hopefully Apple will post my review to counter the ONLY Shocked review so far, which unfortunately must have been written by someone in a very bad mood and who has never heard the term RTFM....
Thank you for the update. I like the updated layout very much. Couple of questions/remarks:
- I cannot find the wake over LAN button, must be overlooking it.
edit: it popped up after clearing the cache and restarting the app. Wasn't automatic though.

- is there a shortcut in XBMC that shutdowns the pc directly instead of going to the menu, where shutdown is one of the options
- it would be nice if the new layout would also be used in the remote section

Again, great work. This makes my iPad even better.
Quote:I cannot find the wake over LAN button, must be overlooking it.
edit: it popped up after clearing the cache and restarting the app. Wasn't automatic though.
Strange - will keep that in mind if the question arrises again

Quote:is there a shortcut in XBMC that shutdowns the pc directly instead of going to the menu, where shutdown is one of the options
You might try to alter this button to XBMCs builtin "Quit". Haven't tries it though.

Quote:it would be nice if the new layout would also be used in the remote section
Consider it done. No really. It's already changed in my dev version Wink

Quote:I just submitted a review for XBMC Commander at the App store and I encourage you all to do the same. Hopefully Apple will post my review to counter the ONLY review so far, which unfortunately must have been written by someone in a very bad mood and who has never heard the term RTFM....
You just outed yourself as a canadian Wink
Most of the other countries reviews are pretty good, but a little rating push on the canadian market is highly appreciated Smile

Quote:One thing though. App has the ability to give menu items new names. When I named my new button in Russian (cyrrilic), it had a different font.
Damn i should have anticipated something like this. Well, at least they are shown at all Rolleyes
Seems the font i've chosen doesn't cover all characters. Good luck the ipad falls back to a default font in this case.

Quote:The new layout is very cool. I have a grey background, not black though but that is not a complaint. IMO there is ample room still to add one more movie thumb per row so there could be 6 thumbs instead of 5 per row.
I've tried both: The black background didn't really look good with very dark posters - too little contrast.
I've also tried to increase the number of thumbs per row (without reducing the thumbnail size), was too crowded in portrait mode. I could try again with landscape mode though.

Quote:Trailers takes me to the regular YouTube site where the tailors won't play because of lack of Flash. Would be nice if it made the YouTube App run instead. The IMDB option does make my IMDB App run.
Hm last time i checked, i was able to play youtube videos in safari. Seems they're switching to HTML5 for this.
Unfortunately iOS only recognizes links to videos and opens these in the youtube app. Links to youtube searches are opened in safari.
Only thing i could do about this would be doing the search within the app. I've thought about this, but i did rather focus on more urgent matters Wink
Hi, I just bought the app and am having trouble with the movies section (no movies show up). Music and TV shows work fine and I was basically wondering how to troubleshoot the issue? They show up just fine on the default webgui and xbmotec. This happens both on v1.0 and 1.6.
Hi sho,
stupid question, but i have to ask this Smile :
Are your movies scanned to XBMCs library (i.e. does library mode in XBMC work?)
hi,

i have the same issues as sho. remote control, tv-shows and music working perfectly, but no movies are being displayed.
xbmc remote web interface shows all movies and library mode works without problems.

greetings
Didn't some people have this issue before? Something to do with themdownload being malformed, deleting the app from iTunes and the iPad and redownloading fixed it.
Hi,
I just wanted to congratulate you for the outstanding update. Only useful features, great layout... I am really impressed!

And I want to ask if you´ve had the chance to look into the issue of a directly manipulable progressbar and this problem:

fufubar Wrote:Hm, maybe I´ve found a bug, at least strange behavior: When I play a song directly (without using the app) in xbmc and switch to fullscreen, I´ve set it to show fanart, which works nice. But when I choose songs with xbmc commander an hit the fullscreen-button, I dont get fanart-pictures, just the regular background picture.
(sorry for quoting myself Blush)

I don´t want to bother you too much, so again: really great work on the app Big Grin!
Bye
grywnn Wrote:Hi sho,
stupid question, but i have to ask this Smile :
Are your movies scanned to XBMCs library (i.e. does library mode in XBMC work?)

Being the resident library champion, I could take offence to this Wink
But yeah, otherwise it would not work in the others.
Bought the app, even before file mode is included! I've read about the mvid request, but how about "pictures" integration!?
drunkendragon Wrote:Bought the app, even before file mode is included! I've read about the mvid request, but how about "pictures" integration!?
If pictures were added I may just have to visit Germany (did i get that right?) and personally pay you an upgrade fee grywnn! Laugh

Unbelievably I have yet to come across a good picture viewer app for the iPad al-la ACDSee that will work over wifi to my shared photos on the PC. Not wanting to hijack this thread further, if you are reading this and know of an app that will do this please send me a PM.

Cheers
zepfan Wrote:Didn't some people have this issue before? Something to do with themdownload being malformed, deleting the app from iTunes and the iPad and redownloading fixed it.

i already removed the app from the ipad and reinstalled it. still no movies displayed :/