Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you point me in the right direction re tv show banners?
krowie Wrote:Can you point me in the right direction re tv show banners?
Yeah, sorry:
On the remote screen, push the "options" button, select the "edit" icon to edit your servers settings, and then on the servers settings screen toggle the "xbmc uses posters" switch.
Perfect! Thanks for the app and merry christmas!
Reading this thread - I am impressed by the level of support from grywnn on this app. I have just installed Dharma and I am definetly going to make the Appstore purchase. Keep up the good work! Xmas cheers from cold and snowy Norway!
Hi first of all great software! Now I can use my media center without my TV!

I don't know if you accept feature requests but here it is anyway.
In the music view it would be really nice to have some more options available like a view per year, but also browse by music source (directory structure). Same goes for video source because I don't index my videos.

Another more generic thing is a way to easily scroll long lists for example by using the alphabet at the right side to scroll.

PS XBMC remote (for iPhone) has some of the this features but it definitely less useable on the iPad.

Thanks for this great software!
Ooo yeah one other thing. When using the artist view and selecting a genre.
Let's say Christmas the app shows the artists filtered but when clicking the artist it will show all albums instead of only the Christmas ones.
File browser is something i'm currently working on.

I'm aware that i need to address music sorting again.
Right now i do the following:
- query XBMC for all artists
- query XBMC for all albums
I then go through the albums and sort them to the artists for the artist based view, and keep the complete album list for the album based view.
Seems that "various artists" isn't always returned as an artist by XBMC, therefore these albums don't show in artists based views.
Adding these "by hand" from within the app shouldn't be much trouble, but i'll have to think of a way to get the sort order right (i let XBMC do the sorting for me)

When filtering by genre, i only filter on the level thats selected, that is artist or album. This is in fact by design, though i might rethink it.
grywnn Wrote:File browser is something i'm currently working on.

I'm aware that i need to address music sorting again.
Right now i do the following:
- query XBMC for all artists
- query XBMC for all albums
I then go through the albums and sort them to the artists for the artist based view, and keep the complete album list for the album based view.
Seems that "various artists" isn't always returned as an artist by XBMC, therefore these albums don't show in artists based views.
Adding these "by hand" from within the app shouldn't be much trouble, but i'll have to think of a way to get the sort order right (i let XBMC do the sorting for me)

When filtering by genre, i only filter on the level thats selected, that is artist or album. This is in fact by design, though i might rethink it.

Thanks for your fast response. As I said it's already a great app. But having a really large music library makes having multiple views very handy. Just like the scroll feature I suggested btw. :-)

Also I have all my various artists albums tagged with various artists in the Artist tag. It works well then, but off course hasses the downside of losing some info. Although I combined that in the title of each song.
drunkendragon Wrote:Crashing with the latest update on Ipad JB 3.2, cleared the cache Sad Running final on win7

1.6.5 does not crash! Thanx Grywnn!! Merry Christmas!
hi, thanks for this really nice app and definitly worth the price.
my own requests :
-browse music by year ( sort albums by year)
-browse movies by director ( like albums by artists
-music playlist managing

thank you !
drunkendragon Wrote:1.6.5 does not crash! Thanx Grywnn!! Merry Christmas!

how comes only 1.6.3 is available in appstore then?
It's a beta - I'm sure it will be in the store before too long.
Not sure what version I have, got the app a couple of weeks ago, and I think there has been at least one update.

I've been away for a few days and switched on the commander app and all the visuals, a green blackboard type image and the text graphics have all gone.

Anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?
My background is just grey and normal texts.

Thanks in advance.
Does anyone else use movie collections? Posters are not showing up in collections for me. Using the current version from the app store.
jabba_29 Wrote:Not sure what version I have, got the app a couple of weeks ago, and I think there has been at least one update.

I've been away for a few days and switched on the commander app and all the visuals, a green blackboard type image and the text graphics have all gone.

Anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?
My background is just grey and normal texts.

Thanks in advance.

You are using the modern view and he changed te home screen to match the minimalist theme. I don't like it either, it looks far too plain and i've grown accustomed to great visuals on my iPad! Laugh
To get it back you have to switch back to bookshelf view.

Cheers