Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Is anyone having problems, with the app movies are showing up fine, but when I tap tv shows, some of the banners are fine for the shows but some are cutting of the picture in my case bones, desperate housewives, etc, works ok with xbmc remote

Paul
Paulkai Wrote:Is anyone having problems, with the app movies are showing up fine, but when I tap tv shows, some of the banners are fine for the shows but some are cutting of the picture in my case bones, desperate housewives, etc, works ok with xbmc remote
Sounds like your XBMC setup is somehow mixing banners and posters.
This can be quite annoying to clean up Smile
See post 530 and the two pages that follow for hints.
absolutely magnificent app! i really love it! Nod

a little suggestion: you don't see at a first glance whether the playlist is set to party mode or "normal mode". how about permanently showing the status of the button (being pressed in or not being pressed). if the party mode is enabled, the button to unlock could be secured with a password so that nobody on the party messes up your music collection...

how is the automatic playlist for party mode generated? is there a possibility to point it to a specific folder? you don't wanna play your whole music library, just the stuff you put together for this party (i.e. music of a specific genre or mood you put in separate folder).

also it would be great to save the playlist (perhaps locally) and reload it the next time.

btw, there is a little bug: the app won't display pictures in file browsing mode if they're located on a windows maschine. will there be a little update... ?

once again: great app! it's by far the best xbmc remote in the app store. thanks a lot for your work!
Quote:a little suggestion: you don't see at a first glance whether the playlist is set to party mode or "normal mode". how about permanently showing the status of the button (being pressed in or not being pressed). if the party mode is enabled, the button to unlock could be secured with a password so that nobody on the party messes up your music collection...
Actually the button is either pressed or not, and thus highlighted or not.
But i admit, in bookshelf view this is barely visible.
Securing the button... i don't know, i think this might be a little too specific Smile

Quote:how is the automatic playlist for party mode generated? is there a possibility to point it to a specific folder? you don't wanna play your whole music library, just the stuff you put together for this party (i.e. music of a specific genre or mood you put in separate folder).
Good news: XBMC uses a smart playlist called "PartyMode.xsp" to create the party-playlist from, so you can fine tune your party-mode sources exactly to your wishes Smile

Quote:also it would be great to save the playlist (perhaps locally) and reload it the next time.
There might be some technical problems with this, but it's on my list of "maybes"

Quote:btw, there is a little bug: the app won't display pictures in file browsing mode if they're located on a windows maschine. will there be a little update... ?
Fixed that in my codebase.
But i'm right in the middle of implementing music video support, and moving the whole layout selection stuff from the system menu to the apps options menu (on a per view basis - as good as finished).
Damn, i need some kind of svn Smile
Maybe i'll postpone the music videos and push out the bugfix & layout update first...
good to hear. thanks alot!
Hi there, I would like to know if this app supports resume? So if i start a movie will it resume from last position? In xbmc it will ask me if it should resume.
Resuming playback isn't directly supported through XBMCs api.

I've had a look into this anyway, and it could be done by using the old http api and directly messing with the database.
But the http api will be gone in one of the next XBMC releases, so i chose not to add a feature that won't be working anymore sooner or later.
Just tried to play two albums by selecting the option Play album, starting with this song and both times it stopped after playing just that song. Has anybody else seen this?
Bought this app, very happy with it, but I have the following feature requests that would make me very happy indeed:

- Alphabet navigation for TV and Movies lists: Whenever a list is displayed, the right column of the display should be an alphabet as in the Contacts display. Even if you are not browsing by letter, it allows you to fast-forward through the list.

- More compact display options - the art is great, but with large libraries, lists of titles as plain text can display more to the screen with no delay for art to transfer.

- Preloading of artwork - when viewing a list of shows or movies, art is not loaded until you scroll; then you wait until it loads. Assume that I will scroll down to the next page while reading the current one and pre-cache it. Even if I don't scroll, it's still cached for next time. Stop pre-caching when an item is selected.
Great App I really enjoy it !

I don't know if it's has been already requested but would be nice to have the fanart as background in the remote page when you play somethingCool
I kept wondering why my playlists did not show up in the Playlist "tab" until I started party mode and realized that it probably is what XBMC refers to as "Now Playing". Is that correct? If so, is there no way to list and launch playlists?
Got this working really well with the ATV2, very nice app. One question, what do the checkmarks mean over thumbnails? At first I thought it meant New but i now see the New flag as well. S what are the check marks?

Thanks.
owen-b Wrote:Got this working really well with the ATV2, very nice app. One question, what do the checkmarks mean over thumbnails? At first I thought it meant New but i now see the New flag as well. S what are the check marks?

Thanks.

means watched
Ah ha!

I've just found the settings for the app in, um, the settings app, and discovered I could turn them off, which is handy.

Thanks!
Hi, i love this app, but unfortunately I can't use one of the strongest points, namely the keyboard. Whenever I go to YouTube and use the search function I get a time out! Is there any solution for this?