Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cheers will look it up for the banners and posters but by the sounds of it the iPad version seems to have all that I want apart from how many moves and tv show.

Bloody great app
Hi
Ive said earlier that this app looks fantastic, but at present all i have is a first gen iPod touch. Is there any way to have this app run on ios 3.1.3 or is it just not possible?
are you working on the shortcuts on the iphone as these are not working
I didn't know where to set if you want banners or posters either, but it's an option when you add or edit a source. It says something like "prefer posters", I think. Just look around there, you'll see it.

I closed down XBMC commander and tried if that would fix the buttons in the remote tab, but no. Then I reinstalled the app, but still no luck. Glad to see though, Grywnn, that you're not letting our feedback get to you. I think everybody here is very happy with the app and wants to help improve it.
my friend just bought an ipad just for this app, lol can not wait to get mine
grywnn Wrote:Thats because only data that has been accessed at least once is cached, and then available in offline mode.
But i've added a way to pre-cache everything: Look at the options menu under "cache".
Once you hit the "download all data" button you'll understand why i don't do this by default...

Ah - sorry Smile great...
and just a hint: there are no control buttons on the iphone4 with xbmc commander, if in offline modes (at remotecontrol screen, button controls or shortcuts - there the screen is empty) Smile

cheers,
bigcheese
Hi all,

grywnn, thanks for your amazingly quick update that corrected the enqueuing bug.
I wanted to switch my HTPC from XP to Seven and I finally did it today.
So I took advantage of the situation to install a fresh brand new version of XBMC 10.1 on this fresh Seven install.
The App is working really great.
I understood that, for gesture you have to swipe your finger twice if you want to move the cursor two times on the right (for example). I was swiping and holding my finger so the cursor was being crazy.
Unforntunately, the shortcuts on the left part of the remote screen are still not working (I think I'm not the only one that noticed that).
The virtual keyboard is not working as well (caps or not) whereas the command on my Logitech keyboard works (so this is not a keymap.xml issue).

Last thing : I went to visit a friend with my Ipad, and show him the power of your app on his XBMC and he was so convinced that I think he's gonna buy an iPad mainly for tis purpose ;-)

Have a nice WE !
Hi Grywnn
Just wondered have you added sorttitle yet if so do I need to rescrape for it to work
Cheers Dibsta
Hi,
Is there a way to download (pay of course) and test an application that has already published on appstore and install it on the emulator iPhone/iPad SDK ?

I want to buy iPad or iPhone for xbmc control but first I really want to test it, how it works.

Many thanks
Anyone else notice that the latest update breaks movie sets on the iPad?

Edit: Seems to related to the latest xbmc build. Also the sort order seemed to be messed when sorting by recently added. Completely different to what I see within xbmc.
Browsing through my music today and was wondering if there is a possibility to have Commander sort the albums of one artist by year in stead of name. So when I'm in artist view, select an artist, the albums would be sorted by year.
Arquizona Wrote:Same problem here... correct ip
Any other clue?Oo

SOLVED!!

I was only blocked by the Firewall!! Rolleyes

AWESOME IN IPAD!!!Laugh

PS. In Music: The best config in my opinion is with Fanarts... it looks better than the HTPC screen!!

the only thing that i missing, is the volume control when i was playing music with a fanart config, to avoid escape the fanart image... but this grywnn work rocks!! Thank you Master!!
Hi,
I have a problem since the last update.
I can't use the gesture for go back/escape anymore. If I create a shortcut for it, it works but not with the gesture. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Supertech Wrote:Hi,
I have a problem since the last update.
I can't use the gesture for go back/escape anymore. If I create a shortcut for it, it works but not with the gesture. Can anyone help?

Thanks
The gesture for back/escape has changed from a two finger tap to a double tap.
Oh thanks it works.