Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing I miss not having in most of the tv-series views is an indicator of how many unwatched episodes you have per show. I generally like keeping an eye on how many I have stored so I can marathon them and get any I am missing. I know the List view has them, but none of the others.

I am unsure if there is a way to have them there, but if there is, I would very much appreciate it.
I'm experiencing an issue with my music library that sounds similar to a post Montevideo made earlier -- some of my albums are showing up with a full track listing and play fine, but others show no tracks within them, and if I push play on those, XBMC Commander (on my ipad) crashes.

In both cases I can see the full track listing within the album on XBMC itself, so I don't think it's a library issue.

I'm running XBMC on an ATV2.

Any ideas?
jjcantab Wrote:I'm experiencing an issue with my music library that sounds similar to a post Montevideo made earlier -- some of my albums are showing up with a full track listing and play fine, but others show no tracks within them, and if I push play on those, XBMC Commander (on my ipad) crashes.

In both cases I can see the full track listing within the album on XBMC itself, so I don't think it's a library issue.

I'm running XBMC on an ATV2.

Any ideas?

Already reported and being looked into.
Cool program. Having trouble using it for the bedroom media center. In order to see the movies and tv shows on xbmc commander, i not only have to set the content for the source folders, but i see that the folders also have to be scanned as well. My problem is that my bedroom media center grabs the media from my main computer. I have already exyracted fan art,info, etc to the folder, so it is not necessary for the bedroom system to scrape the files. Is there a way getting around this? (typed on ipad, forgive typos)
Hi grywnn,

This is my first post here although I have been using the app for quite a while. Actually your app gave me the last push to finally buy a HTPC and install XBMC.

Now I have two requests:

1)

would it be possible to add a pause and a stop button in the album and movie details view ? Right now it is necessary to switch to the remote screen in order to stop or pause a movie or a song, which I find a bit cumbersome.

2)
Could the rewind/fast forward buttons (also in the remote screen) be programmed in a way that it would only rw/ff a certain amount of time, lets say 15 secs or maybe even user adjustable. Right now, it is very difficult to just rewind less than 30 sec of a movie.

Thx and pls keep up the great work.

Greetings

Phyrros
What a great App!!!
It's cool that the look and feel of the IBooks app is integrated. It feels very recognizable!

2 questions,

1. Will there be a possibilty in the feature to play items from the library on the iPad, just like the Youtube plugin? That will be a great advantage.

Is there also a possiblity to view the music files by album (grouped)? That is not possible with the version 2.0.

Again, great piece of a user friendly app!!
Is there any plans to add pvr support?
Would be greatly appreciated.
Hi folks,

just wanted to give you a quick heads up:
I've done a lot of memory and performance optimization during the last few days.
Unfortunately (that is actually rather fortunately) the improvements i made so far broke my caching concept. So i'm moving from the html-requested based cached i've been using so far to a database driven cache using coredata - which will result in further memory optimizations and improved search capabilities in the long run.
But as things go, this turns out to be a pretty big project, so the next update will be a little delayed...

Now, to answer the questions:
@gobba:
Using xbmc-pvr myself Smile
Will be added as soon as it is available through the JSON interface. Which might unfortunately still take some time, as far as i know it's on the roadmap for XBMC 12

@schuege
1) XBMC has no streaming/transcoding capabilities atm, so for now its simply not possible.
2) I've got some 40k tracks on my xbmc system, which so far was too much to handle in any usable form. By using to a database driven model i might be able to do something that's song based, i'll give it some thought when the basics are done.

@phyrros1
1) I currently have no idea how to elegantly integrate this into the interface, but some globally available player controls would surely make sense.
Added it to my list.
2) Try using a left / right swipe gesture, that should generate an arrow keypress, which should result in skipping a predefined interval ahead / back.

@jasonauslander
Sounds like you need to synchronize your xbmc databases in some way.
I'm no expert on that field, but there are some threads around covering that area. Have a look at the tips & tricks section.

Season summaries:
The number of watched / unwatched episodes is - as of xbmc 10 - not available though JSON on show / season level.
Still looking into the empty-album issue.
Request: allow an option to keep a history of the YouTube search entries. Could be really helpful for us daily YouTube searchers.

My favorite iPad app, great work!

Ps. I, too like the idea of universal controls on each page. One other idea I had was to add a play/enqueue button on every level in the TV section. So if I'm looking at the list of shows I have available, I could instantly press the Play button on the Futurama cover and it'll play every episode from every season. But if I was in my Stargate SG-1 show staring at all of the seasons, I could push the Play button on the Season cover and it would play every show from just that season. For those of us being naughty parents by using the TV as a babysitter during the winter or the other guys that decide to go on a Family Guy marathon, that would be a huge feature to have.

Ok, I'm done!
grywnn thx.

You were right, the fault was mine.
In fact I'm using xbmc video in the "file" mode (not library) and did not notice the library was not updating/cleaning automatically.
Using xbmc-send (Linux) I have added crontab entries to do
CleanLibrary(video)
UpdateLibrary(video)
and things look better indeed.

One small glitch though... If I tap the "reload" icon left of the search firled in videomode of xbmc commander, I get a blank screen.
I have to switch to/back from music to get my video displayed.
Probably a bug? Smile

Thank you once again for putting me on the right trail.

Olivier
I'm having a problem running the app on my iphone... I have tried restarting the iphone, uninstalling/reinstalling the program as well but everytime I click it, it just crashes Sad any thoughts?

I bought the full version and it works beautifully on my ipad2
Hello,

You probably already know this but play button doesnt work when using thumbnail mode (movies) + latest unofficial xbmc build+ apple tv2. Any chance this will be fixed soon? I tried other remote apps and they work ok.
grywnn Wrote:Hi folks,
@schuege
1) XBMC has no streaming/transcoding capabilities atm, so for now its simply not possible.
It might be possible to use the built in upnp-server of xbmc here. That's the way I currently stream my movies to my iPad.
Hi,

Elbert Wrote:It might be possible to use the built in upnp-server of xbmc here. That's the way I currently stream my movies to my iPad.

that's right i also stream my xbmc library via upnp to my iPhone 3GS,
i use Airplayer as app on i-side.

If it's not possible to implement the technique maybe it's possible to trigger Airplayer for playback from within xbmcc?

Greetz X23
Great app but suffering many crashes on my iPad 1. I usually browse in file mode or view playlist and then it Often crashes to desktop. Do you receive automated crash logs from apple? Anything I can report here to help out fix these?