Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Total button:
I've been playing around with adding some statistics to the top of the lists, but didn't like the outcome. Making the totals pop up in an extra window would do the trick, but this will be quite some work since i'd have to create a totals view for each type of layout, covers, web & fanart - movies, tvshows and music - making it 9 different views to be created.
If i get bored on one of the next weekends i might start this Smile

Star rating has been added to fanart view, completely redesigning the fanart view for more info is on my list.

Quality info has been added to json answers a short time ago in nightlies, so blueray covers will be possible with XBMC 11

I've tried to fade the fanart into the background, but thats actually harder to do then it sounds... settled for the way it is for now.

The rest has been done...

I must delay all feature requests for now, cause i've got two big things i'm working on:
- music videos
- improving the caching mechanisms
grywnn Wrote:Hi everyone,

@eTip:
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581 under "control"
Have you tried switching on the atv workaround in the ipads system settings?

Thanks for refreshing my memory! I thought that it was an update to XBMC Commander that broke the keyboard functionality but now I realize that I am probably thinking of my ATV1 (I upgraded a few months ago). I do have the ATV workaround on.

Keep up the good work on the App!

Any chance of adding the ability to restart or kill XBMC to your App? When it hangs on me, I use the Prompt App to SSH & killall AppleTV. I can see the potential complications (& know it may not even be possible) of doing so from your App, though.
I love this app on my iPad.
But is there any possibility to play my music local on the iPad? It would be nice to prelisten a song before playing it on the xmbc.
Awesome little app - the only problem I've had with it (didn't see any mention of it on the website and not had time to read through 96 pages!) was that trying to edit an existing XBMC server profile would cause the entire program to hang until properly closing it and opening again.. happened every time I tried to edit or delete a profile. Made my initial setup a bit more difficult as I'd have to delete the program and re-install again via iTunes each time I tried a slightly different setting (i.e using hostname instead of IP address etc)

Happens on 2 different iPhones.. bought the iPad version for one of them and the iPhone specific version for the other.
grywnn Wrote:I must delay all feature requests for now, cause i've got two big things i'm working on:
- music videos
- improving the caching mechanisms

---
I have the problem on iphone. I can`t edit or add shortcuts (it`s no edit button) while on ipad everything is good.
I've mentioned this in the description of the "light" version of the app (which is still waiting for revision by apple...), but forgot to mention it in the description of the full-blown xbmc commander.
This is one of the limitations of the iphone variant:
- just one detail layout
- no fanart based layouts
- can't edit remote control shortcuts (will add this later)
I'll need to rewrite the menu completely, since it wouldn't fit on the iphones screen.

---
hm... is here the right place for featurerequest?
- How about a search option? e.g. I want to see Spiderman, how can i access fast the info page for spiderman where i can start the film?
can i type somewhere "spi" and geht the resultlist with every spi in it to get quick to the description?
Sure
Atm when on the library screen, you can enter "spi" in the search bar in the options menu, and your list should update to reflect your search.
This is ipad only for now, i'll have to rethink the whole search mechanism for iphone / ipod since i'll have to place the search bar somewhere else.
It's on my todo list, i'll add this soon.

grywnn, thanks for nice app! Big Grin
but PLEASE do not delay requests for iPhone functions !!!! We donĀ°t need ipad to control our XBMC.

1. search
2. custom shortcuts (and controls)
3. In library list view display director

thanks, ikr,.
The movie title doesn't fit. When I turn the iPad, the title is in the center of the fanarts Sad

Possible to fix it in the next update?

greatest app on iPad btw Cool
since last update I can't search trough music/movies anymore, where has the search field been moved to? can't find it
thesilentype Wrote:since last update I can't search trough music/movies anymore, where has the search field been moved to? can't find it

Scroll to the top and then up some more, you'll see it.
aha scrolling up did the trick, thanks!
You're welcome, it's a nice feature. Out of the way until you need it.
Hi!
When i conf the connection in commander, should i specify 9777 there? Ive used 8080 but that is the old web port. It works for the remote, but not to view library and all that.

-gob
Hi,

Thank you for the update.
I just notice some small bugs :
- the Film screen don't memorize the skin and start with the chalk one.
- when I click on a film in a film set, close it then try to reopen it, it don't open. I must close the film set and reopen it.
- In music screen, the search box don't search on artist name when sorted by recently added : I think it'll be much easier to search on album, tracks AND album in all modes. No?
Smile
Suggestion:

Currently, in thumbnail/list view of tv shows, a single tap of a show shows all seasons. Maybe a tap-and-hold could bring up some info about the show? Number of episodes, description, cast etc. Same sort of thing that would occur when pressing "i" in XBMC.

Thoughts?
jackmeehan Wrote:Suggestion:

Currently, in thumbnail/list view of tv shows, a single tap of a show shows all seasons. Maybe a tap-and-hold could bring up some info about the show? Number of episodes, description, cast etc. Same sort of thing that would occur when pressing "i" in XBMC.

Thoughts?

+1
Good suggestion. There is actually no season infos available in the app.
Hey everybody!

I really like XBMC and especially the XBMC-Commander! The best and most used thing which I couldn't find anywhere else except in XBMC is the music grouping by artist - and the small artist-picture for this grouping (instead of a CD-cover).

Well, and here I have a question, first to the community, then to grywnn:

I use my very own artist-fanarts, a file named 'folder.jpg' in the artist folder with 500x500 px as dimensions (and in addition a fanart.jpg for the large fanart-background in either 1280x720 or 1920x1080). In XBMX the artist-picture is perfectly squared, show without cropping etc. In XBMC-Commander this small pictures seems to be cropped at the upper and lower side, in bookshelf-view (polaroid-kind pictures) and in thumbnail-view. So I miss most of the time the upper hair and the lower boops Eek from my female artists.

Anyone out there who has the same experience?

Greetings, Kai