Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is not on the roadmap for long, but was hoping that plugin below may accelerate this.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99513

It would be so awesome if XBMC Commander could not only be a remote, but also streams (using subsonic server for transcoding).

Thanks a ton in advance!!!
Is is just me, or does XBMC every once in awhile freak out.... For instance, if I am scrolling through movies on the screen (using commander remote), the commander will appear to be stuck in the scrolling mode. Its as if remote buttons or gestures get stuck and keep repeating in an endless loop.
WannaTheater Wrote:Is is just me, or does XBMC every once in awhile freak out.... For instance, if I am scrolling through movies on the screen (using commander remote), the commander will appear to be stuck in the scrolling mode. Its as if remote buttons or gestures get stuck and keep repeating in an endless loop.

Does it for me too. Rare, but it happens. I just press the other direction and it's back to normal.

One thing I've noticed. If we have Locked folders added, they can be browsed as normal from XBMC Commander. Anyway to remedy this?
Im using this on my ipad and iphone. But on my iphone i dont get any touch controls Is there a fix for this?

Ok nevermind
Fixed itself after playing a tv show throught xbmc commander
Is it possible to use the hostname instead of the ip-address in the server-field ?
If I use the hostname I get error messages.
Synes Wrote:Is it possible to use the hostname instead of the ip-address in the server-field ?
If I use the hostname I get error messages.

Just use a static ip.
XBMC Commander is just stunning. Compliments for the great work and support! I tried almost every app out there (paid and not paid). This one feels like The Real Thing. Keep up the great work. Big Grin

One missing feature: creating and saving of playlists. I just love sitting back with a glass of wine creating a playlist matching my mood. And be able to replay it later.
Is this possible with the current API?
Hello everyone.

Really really like the XBMC Commander program.

I seemed to discover the beauty of a small error.

The boxset is particularly codes of a problem.

I made custom images boxset like this:

As for the pc running XBMC well look like this:

The Commander, however, the two edges of the cuts and other money that you put the thumbnail images
as pc.

Can be that the ratio of thumbnails is calculated differently?

Future updates may indicate a possible change?

I'm sorry for you bad english.

Thank you.

san2000
Hi Grywnn,

An early adopter, and love this app hugely - but I actually only use for music.

The playlist feature is brilliant, but if I could request a couple of changes if they were possible;

Could you make a bigger space between the "Play this Song" and "Enqueue this Song" buttons? When building a playlist it is easy to accidentally hit Play this Song which then screws up the playlist you are trying to create. Ideally keep these quite separate, as after a few beers it's even harder....Big Grin

The second is if it were possible to add a "quick jump" by letter through the cd listing?

(And if you really wanted a third request, it would be to be able to re-order the playlist by dragging individual songs on the playlist to a different position.)

Regards,
Peter
hello to all,

i have a very specific question and maybe there is someone out there who can give some help.

i use a xbmc live with additional firefox web browser installed . (works!)
now i would like to control the firefox within this xbmc live with an ipad app. at the moment i use xbmc remote for ipad and i am able to start the firefox with this app (works!)
my problem is how to use the apps virtual keyboard to type in the firefox browser. (does not work!)
does anybody know if this is possible with the xbmc commander?

thanks in advance

Sven
soko Wrote:hello to all,

i have a very specific question and maybe there is someone out there who can give some help.

i use a xbmc live with additional firefox web browser installed . (works!)
now i would like to control the firefox within this xbmc live with an ipad app. at the moment i use xbmc remote for ipad and i am able to start the firefox with this app (works!)
my problem is how to use the apps virtual keyboard to type in the firefox browser. (does not work!)
does anybody know if this is possible with the xbmc commander?

thanks in advance

Sven

The app uses JSON commands, not a virtual keyboard, but you could set up a vnc, that would allow that.
Thanks for this app grywnn it is excellent.

One minor request if at all possible could you add a hide ratings button to the options menu ? I'd rather not see what essentially others think of my own content.
Hello everyone ...
Can someone explain to me why some searches in Youtube do not give the same results on a PC or iPAD?

Try "Inna Modja French cancan" for example ...
iPad: 4
PC:> 20!

The problem with XBMC Commander, is that some Youtube search results can be seen on XBMC, but not in "LOCAL" (iPAD)

Thanks
@grywnn

Any ETA on when we can expect the next update? I'm dying to see what you have been working on Smile
This app is the best! Have it on 3 iPads and my iPhone! One question.. Where it let's you enter Mac address and says wake on LAN? What does that mean? Wake up the pc if it's sleeping? Or run xbmc.. I set it up and whenever I click wakeup nothing happens...

If this app could wake a pc that would be great wouldn't have to keep a mouse in the room to wake the pc.

Edit: Figured it out