Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated XBMC on atv2 to the nighly build on 9/9.

- Now libraries, both tv and movies are empty.
- The file structures show under files but the folders are empty.
- sound indicator doesn't move ( not an issue of course for atv )
- no now playing information available
- no image of showvas detailed above

Most of the controls, OSD for example do work.
akhlaq768 Wrote:gor myself XBMC Commander, once loaded im asked to enter the following details...

Identifier
XBMC IP / Hostname
Port
UserName
Password

where can i get all this information from my HTPC?

im using win7

thanks
http://www.xbmc-commander.com/page2/page4/page4.html
is there any chance of you adding

1. poster and banner support at the same time as another controler by a different deleveoper has this option.

2. could you add a reboot option as somtimes my xbmc does not wake up properly and i get a blank screen so i use another program toreset the machine.

3. what would be great if possable is to have a xbmc shutdown and reload button if thats even possable as somtimes i need to shut it down to desktop and then reload it .

i hope these can be added in newer versions.

are you still working on this app

cheers
Bought this app a few days back and it seems to be the best looking app
of them all.

However im having trouble making it work, i understand that since im on nightlys some functionality is broken due to json rpc beeing constantly updated.

But i cant get anything to work at all. I updated to latest nightly as of 8. september.

I think something is wrong with json cause i get this in my logs:
Code:
08:58:22 T:6403904  NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
08:58:22 T:6403904  NOTICE: WebServer: Started the webserver
08:58:22 T:6403904  NOTICE: starting upnp server
08:58:22 T:6403904  NOTICE: starting upnp renderer
08:58:22 T:6403904  NOTICE: ES: Starting event server
08:58:22 T:6403904  NOTICE: DS: Starting dbus server
08:58:22 T:2974804848  NOTICE: DS: Starting DBUS server in Run Application aka thread
08:58:22 T:2983197552  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
08:58:22 T:2983197552  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
08:58:23 T:6403904   ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Failed to connect to sdpd
08:58:23 T:6403904  NOTICE: starting zeroconf publishing
08:58:23 T:6403904   ERROR: CZeroconfAvahi::addService(): failed to add service named:XBMC JSONRPC@$(HOSTNAME) type:_xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp port:8080. Error:Invalid Error Code :/ FIXME!
09:00:44 T:2983197552  NOTICE: ES: Incoming connection from XBMC Constellation
09:00:44 T:3044002672   ERROR: WebServer: Failed to open (null)icon.png
09:00:44 T:3044002672 WARNING: JSONRPC: Value does not match any of the enum values in type
09:00:44 T:3044002672 WARNING: JSONRPC: Array element at index 14 does not match in type fields

Any help here ?
I have searched all over but cant find any relevant clues Wink
Some prette basic JSON calls have been renamed in nightlies > sept.5th, causing volume control and libraries to fail.
I'm working on an update (got the libraries running again on my dev system), but this will take at least a week to pass apples revision.
Until then, stay with builds before sept 5 if you're using nightlies.
Okay - no probs grywnn !
Nice to know youre on the case ace Wink
Maybe you should have a fallback to some basic http commands if the json interface breaks ? this way user would have something working. Smile
great app. is there a way of starting the xbmc.exe with it?
First off, thanks for such an awesome tool. I love it.

I'm having issues if i upgrade to any nightly since the official release. It won't play youtube videos to xbmc. When i try, nothing happens. I can play from within xbmc with no issues. I've tried at least 4 different nightly versions with the same results. When i go back to the 10.1 Dharma, they play fine.

I searched and found an earlier post from several months ago where you said you had addressed this, but i'm still experiencing it. I've reinstalled the app to be sure it wasn't that.

Any suggestions?
@boxhead
parsing HTML is a major pita compared to parsing JSON. Not worth the effort IMHO, since its gonna be deprecated soon anyway.

@johnmerick
not directly, but heres a solution that sits on your pc and waits for a wol packet and fires up XBMC:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102064

@trdmlc:
Confirmed.
Looks like the the protocol name for calling addons has been changed from addon:// back to plugin:// at some point... This is documented nowhere, so it slipped ma attention. I'll adapt Smile
[quote=grywnn]@boxhead
parsing HTML is a major pita compared to parsing JSON. Not worth the effort IMHO, since its gonna be deprecated soon anyway.

okay i understand that json is the future so i just wait until team xbmc get json more stable. I can use the xbmc remote until then Wink
I used the xbmc controller for the first time the other day and it work perfectly... but what I noticed and the second day that the iphone wouldn't connect!!! meaning I had to manually change the setting within xbmc controller because the IP address had changed on the HTPC....

How can I stop this happening?

Thanks in advance
The thing i really miss in Commander, is editing playlist. Now you only can add tracks, not delete them or save a playlists.
akhlaq768 Wrote:I used the xbmc controller for the first time the other day and it work perfectly... but what I noticed and the second day that the iphone wouldn't connect!!! meaning I had to manually change the setting within xbmc controller because the IP address had changed on the HTPC....

How can I stop this happening?

Thanks in advance

give your pc a static ip so i can not be changes , many guides on the net telling you how to do this
thanks