Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I read somewhere in this thread support for Music Video's was on your todo list?
Any news on that?

CU
Bart
I've got the basics ready, but no idea yet how to present them.
Question to the music video junkies out there:
- how many music videos do you have (aprox.)
- would you rather have them in a flat list, sortable by artist / title, or grouped by artist?
Everytime the htpc is switched on the ip address of the machine is changed, therefore the remote on the ipad wont work...

How can i set the ip address of the htpc to be static? im using Win7...
Best way to do this would be to assign a static IP address on your router for the machine in question.
Discussed at length a few pages back.

Two ways:
1) Have the machine ignore the dynamical assigned IP a choose your own.
Google gives a bunch of nice step-by-step guides on how to do this:
http://www.google.de/search?q=windows+7+static+ip
2) Get your router to always assign the same adress to the machine.
How to do this depends on your router, please check the routers manual (or support page / forum)
grywnn Wrote:I've got the basics ready, but no idea yet how to present them.
Question to the music video junkies out there:
- how many music videos do you have (aprox.)
- would you rather have them in a flat list, sortable by artist / title, or grouped by artist?

About 600 music videos. I'd prefer the same structure as in music. Artist==>Album==>track
I love this app! I REALLY hope the pending update supports playing locally stored movie trailers! There is not one remote available that supports this function.

Can you give us a heads up on if this update is going to have that function? Thanks a lot.
how's the new build going to get it working with the latest XBMC nightly builds post September 5th
I've got it 90% running again, but as always, the last 10% take 90% of the time...
Still have to sort out a few nasty problems.
I think i'll get a beta / release ready this weekend.
grywnn Wrote:I've got it 90% running again, but as always, the last 10% take 90% of the time...
Still have to sort out a few nasty problems.
I think i'll get a beta / release ready this weekend.

glad to hear
Another request for the YouTube search. Can the keyboard include a 'Done' button so if you accidentally open the keyboard, you can hide it. Now, you have to enter a search term in order to get the keyboard to disappear. Not a biggie, but would be nice.
grywnn Wrote:I think i'll get a beta / release ready this weekend.

Good news! Smile
trdmlc Wrote:Another request for the YouTube search. Can the keyboard include a 'Done' button so if you accidentally open the keyboard, you can hide it. Now, you have to enter a search term in order to get the keyboard to disappear. Not a biggie, but would be nice.

what about this button on the iPad
isamu.dragon Wrote:what about this button on the iPad

That is fine, but i'm referring to the iPhone version. The keyboard that comes up under the 'shortcuts' menu includes a top row that has a 'Done' button to collapse the keyboard. The keyboard that comes up in the 'YouTube' search does not have that top row, nor does it have the button that you are indicating is on the iPad.
is there any news?