Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Memphiz Wrote:you are highjacking this thread ... make a new one for discussing mysql issues please ... Smile

Got'cha, started a new thread so we can continue this discussion here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113842
grywnn Wrote:did you guys add indexes to the tables as described here?
This thread look promising too, especially the part about skip-name-resolve.

Indexes didn't change anything for me ... still 25 secs for the first jsonrcp query on osx. But hey ... it works now with my atv2 ... though the query is damn slow - but thats not that important at the moment ... don't know why it didn't work when i've used nightly builds ... now i use self compiled master and it works ...
Just as a test, I scanned my whole library locally without mysql.
XBMC Commander still times out when going to the movies. Weird.
it would be awesome if ones could create/edit/save a playlist put together in XBMCC...
xtlc Wrote:it would be awesome if ones could create/edit/save a playlist put together in XBMCC...

+1

Though this functionality would depend on whether or not the JSON API supports it. From what I understand the API in Dharma did not have functionality for manipulating playlists, as for Eden I don't know, maybe grwynn can elaborate on what is new.
Sorry to disappoint you guys.
This still won't be possible with eden.
The only major thing concerning playlists that's added in eden will be reordering of items in the currently playing lists.
grywnn Wrote:Sorry to disappoint you guys.
This still won't be possible with eden.
The only major thing concerning playlists that's added in eden will be reordering of items in the currently playing lists.

That is disappointing, though I am excited about being able to reorder playlists. That feature alone will make it easier to use XBMC+ipad as a nice jukebox setup.
Hoping someone here can help me with this.

Been running XBMC commander for a few months now, and it was working great. On one of my very occasional visits to the app store recently (*), I noticed an update to XBMC commander was available.

Since I updated, I've noticed two new problems -
1- (and this is the most annoying) - the skip buttons no longer work, so when I'm listening to an album now, the only way to skip to the next song is to drag the progress bar to the end of the song. All other controls seem fine.

2- (can live with this one) - occasional crashes, doesn't seem to be any discernible pattern to these, app just seems to exit by itself sometimes. Can happen upon unlocking the device, or just whilst using the app generally.

Not really experienced enough with XBMC/Commander to know where to go from here as far as troubleshooting is concerned.

Any thoughts??

* - mentioned because I've got no idea what version I was running before, could have been fairly old. Just updated the app again about 10 minutes ago.
1) you're the third to report this issue, and i finally figured out that something went wront with keycodes in XBMc. I'll switch to another method for skipping tracks, will be fixed with the next update.
2) I'll try to get some crashlog from apple.
TheAstronaut Wrote:That is disappointing, though I am excited about being able to reorder playlists. That feature alone will make it easier to use XBMC+ipad as a nice jukebox setup.

What a pitty Sad I'd love to be able to create playlists from the files mode... I dont use the library mode ...
I currently use a special scraper for concerts, using the Concert button in mainscreen in MQ3 (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=909830)

Since the uses the music-video scraper option, XBMC commander doesn't find see my concerts anymore.

Could you either
1) add a link next to TV, Movie and Music for Concerts
or
2) Also scrape the music-videos into movies, so both will be combined again.
grywnn Wrote:1) you're the third to report this issue, and i finally figured out that something went wront with keycodes in XBMc. I'll switch to another method for skipping tracks, will be fixed with the next update.
2) I'll try to get some crashlog from apple.

Good to hear that I'm not alone, and that you're aware of this - thanks for letting me know.
Looking forward to the next update!
Can anyone help me figure out why my app won't connect? Here are the basic stats from what I'm using:

iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0
XBMC 10.1 on Windows 7 x64
Latest version of XBMC Commander for iPhone

The first time I attempted to use it, everything worked just fine, but I'm having the same problem that seems to plague me on any remote that I use - it won't reconnect the next time I go to use it.

I've tried reconnecting, I've verified that the IP is correct, and I've made exceptions in Windows 7 for ports 80, 8080, and 9777 (tried both tcp and udp) and I can't get anything to work. I even tried deleting the old server information entirely in the app and starting over... the only thing the app will do is sit there saying "Connecting..." for forever. Any help? Huh
So is this app going to get updated for Eden?
toymachine2009 Wrote:So is this app going to get updated for Eden?

works with current nightlies (mostly).

Hangs for a while when loading movies, may be because I gave Movie Sets.