Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [DHARMA] Play from playlist at home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to edit the Confluence skin to change the sub-menu items in the TV Show menu on the home screen to become 'Channels', smart playlists I've made that will randomly play TV episodes. The first one I made, for testing purposes, is the "Adult Swim Channel". I gave the playlist the names of all the original TV shows I have from the Adult Swim brand.

I could use Activate.Window, but that would bring up the actual list of episodes, and I have no interest in that. From what I can understand, the playlist is only randomized once, so I'd always start with the same episode.

Somebody in IRC suggested PlayMedia(media[,1]). That sounds like it would work, but what is the path of (media)? I found an old thread with an example, but it seems obvious that it changed in Dharma. I tried a full path starting at C: but that didn't seem to work either.

edit: Thanks, IRC!

Code:
<onclick>xbmc.PlayMedia(special://profile/playlists/video/adultswim.xsp)</onclick>
Easy way to find the path of something is to add it as a favorite then open up favorites.xml in your userdata folder....
ZOMG...... I should be able to use that method to add map addons to my remote.

example:

YouTube
<red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.youtube.beta/)</red>

I had Youtube as a favorite so I was able to view via SSH the path. it looks like 10024= Window_Video_Files
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Window_IDs

and the path to the plugin://plugin.video.youtube.beta

-=Jason=-