Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Home Menu in Dharma?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Im trying to add a home menu button for Apple trailers lite in Dharma but cant quiet figure it out due to the new addon locations was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction.

This is what Ive got so far

<item id="15">
<label>Trailers</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers Lite)</onclick>
mattdamon Wrote:Hi Im trying to add a home menu button for Apple trailers lite in Dharma but cant quiet figure it out due to the new addon locations was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction.

This is what Ive got so far

<item id="15">
<label>Trailers</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers Lite)</onclick>

Isn't adding custom menu items for plugins built into the skin itself?
mcborzu Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76529

Hi this does not work within Dharma so therefore would be happy to just edit my home.xml which Im sure someone out there can tell me very quickly where it needs to point now. As for the native one it only allows you to add to programs sub menu which is not what Im after.
ActivateWindow(10024,"plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/")

Worked for me.

If in doubt, add your destination to your favourites and then look at favourites.xml for the link.
This is what I used to add Apple Movie Trailers to my home screen by editing the Home.XML file

<item id="12">
<label>Trailers</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite,return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>

Adding ,return means that when you click the back button it will take you straight to the home screen and not to the root of your library.
Hey Guys search this forum but maybe im blind can someone helpe me out, im trying to launch a prgram from the main menu, i have the name in the menu bar, but how the heck do i launch the program exe from there? ive tried executor but no luck, or im doing somethings wrong Big Grin thanks guys