Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NMedia HTPCKB Remote reprogramming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured this would help out a few people who may be having the same issue.

I put together a new HTPC recently, and I chose this Keyboard/Remote combo:

http://www.nmediapc.com/RFKB3.htm

The remote worked "out of the box" with XBMC, but only the directional buttons and a few others appeared to be functional. After an hour or so of pulling my hair out trying to reprogram the other buttons, I stumbled across a fantastic piece of open source called EventGhost. (eventghost.org)

EventGhost comes pre-configured with macros for XBMC and many popular remotes, but not the HTPCKB. Luckily, it's a HID-compatible device, so I knew it was just a matter of installing the HID plugin. The trick was to select the 2nd and 3rd instance of "HOLTEK Wireless 2.4GHz Trackball Keyboard" (it shows up three times). With both of those selected, the rest of the button presses began appearing in the event log, and from there it was a simple matter to drag the button press to the appropriate macro.

Hope this helps someone out. With the remote now properly configured, I hardly ever need to touch the keyboard while in XBMC. Cheers for EventGhost!