Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mount External HD in Dharma live.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright guys,
I try not to ask questions on this forum, mainly because I don't want to sound like a noob., and for the most part I can search and find the info I'm seeking, but now I'm way confused. I have installed Dharma live on my system and I am trying to mount an extra internal HD. I have followed the info and removed the nodiskmount, and the grub-update. I have also done the Create a mount point, and now I've changed so many settings on the back end I'm just going to do a clean install again. Can anyone give me the right steps to do right after a fresh install so that I can get this NTFS internal drive to mount. Thanks in advance. P.S. XBMC ROCKS!Stare It makes me so mad when I can't figure this stuff out!
Don't know why it did not work to do
Quote:nodiskmount, and the grub-update

This what I do and it always works. Unfortunally I use ext2 but perheps it can still help you.
BTW, when I do that the drive does not longer show up when I browse for sourse..have to look in root.

Quote:1)
View partitions:
sudo fdisk -l
Hopefully you can find your unmounted partition. (if not or if you did not create the partition you need to install gparted)
In my case the partition is /dev/sda5
2)
Create a mount point (in this case a folder in the root):
sudo mkdir /storage
3)
Edit the fstab:
sudo cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab_backup
sudo nano /etc/fstab
Add:
/dev/sda5 /storage ext2 defaults 0 0
ext2 since I remember selecting that when I created the partition.
4)
mount:
sudo mount -a
5) set permissions
sudo chown -R xbmc:xbmc /storage
sudo chmod -R 777 /storage
Thanks vikjon0 for the fast reply, as soon as I get home from work gonna give this a try. Thanks again for the help.
Vikjon0,
I tried your way and no go. Thanks for the info, guess I don't have this sudo nano stuff down like I should. But I did do this:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub
searched and removed all instances of nodiskmount.
Then ran update-grub.
It works!
Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do. Now it's time to brush up on my sudo nano commands!