Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Three Small Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Ronie -- love the skin.

Three small issues I've found (using SVN r511 and just tried the latest SVN r517):
1. When navigating into Videos, it never starts in the Library mode. I always have to arrow over to the Library Mode button and pick it. Even if I have already done it once, as soon as i exit back to the main screen I have to do it again. I tested with Confluence and it goes straight into the Library mode from the main menu.

2. Reload Skin in the Skin Settings shows an X's and O's gameboard on the right. The button does function correctly, however.

3. Using Apple Movie Trailers (the full one) the background transparent rectangle doesn't cover the entire list of movies when selecting the genre, nor does it cover the entire Movie information. This only happens when using the "Fanart - Small List" option instead of the "Fanart - Large List" option. I attached a png to show what I am seeing (ignore the aspect ratio when windowed -- it happens in full screen mode too).

Travis
1. the Videos button on the home menu will take you to your video files
the Movies button on the home menu will take you to the movie library.
this is all hardcoded in the skin, so it does not remember the state of the "Library Mode" button.

2. i can't reproduce...which xbmc revision are you using?

3. would like to test this, but the AMT addon (from nuka's repo) does not run on my end. it complains about missing modules.
as soon as it's added to the official xbmc addon repo, i will give it another shot.
ronie Wrote:1. the Videos button on the home menu will take you to your video files
the Movies button on the home menu will take you to the movie library.
this is all hardcoded in the skin, so it does not remember the state of the "Library Mode" button.
Ok that makes sense, it works slightly different than it use to, no problem I like it.

ronie Wrote:2. i can't reproduce...which xbmc revision are you using?
I am using the latest SVN (r33778), but it has been like that since I moved to the Dharma nightly builds months ago -- it isn't a new issue. If you would like a screenshot I can take one when I get home from work.

ronie Wrote:3. would like to test this, but the AMT addon (from nuka's repo) does not run on my end. it complains about missing modules.
as soon as it's added to the official xbmc addon repo, i will give it another shot.
If on 64bit linux I know they use to have an issue where the python modules were always 32bit so would fail. I believe it has been fixed, however so the latest SVN nightly build should work. Not sure if it was broken on other OS's as well.

Travis
shockwave Wrote:I am using the latest SVN (r33778), but it has been like that since I moved to the Dharma nightly builds months ago -- it isn't a new issue. If you would like a screenshot I can take one when I get home from work.

please do. :-)

shockwave Wrote:If on 64bit linux I know they use to have an issue where the python modules were always 32bit so would fail. I believe it has been fixed, however so the latest SVN nightly build should work. Not sure if it was broken on other OS's as well.
i'm running xbmc r33592 on 32-bit Ubuntu linux.
using v2.0.0 of the AMT script, i get this error:

Quote:15:27:44 T:2871831408 M:3373932544 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
15:27:44 T:2871831408 M:3373932544 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
15:27:44 T:2871831408 M:3373932544 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named PIL
15:27:44 T:2871831408 M:3373932544 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ronie/.xbmc/addons/script.apple.movie.trailers/addon.py", line 54, in ?
import gui
File "/home/ronie/.xbmc/addons/script.apple.movie.trailers/resources/lib/gui.py", line 30, in ?
exec "import %s" % module
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "/home/ronie/.xbmc/addons/script.apple.movie.trailers/resources/lib/trailers.py", line 12, in ?
import pil_util
File "/home/ronie/.xbmc/addons/script.apple.movie.trailers/resources/lib/pil_util.py", line 9, in ?
from PIL import Image, ImageEnhance
ImportError: No module named PIL
15:27:44 T:2871831408 M:3373932544 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
If you are on Ubuntu Linux you can use the SVN PPA. It has the latest Dharma Beta 2. As far as I know the PIL problem should not be happening any more.

You may have to apt-get remove all the xbmc related packages (they changed the naming slightly which caused it to stop upgrading).

I'll post a screenshot of the X's and O's Board when I get home from work tonight.

Travis
shockwave Wrote:If you are on Ubuntu Linux you can use the SVN PPA. It has the latest Dharma Beta 2. As far as I know the PIL problem should not be happening any more.

You may have to apt-get remove all the xbmc related packages (they changed the naming slightly which caused it to stop upgrading).

i'm not using ppa's, i always compile from source. ;-)
just upgraded to r33850 and the error's still there.
ronie Wrote:please do. :-)

ronie Wrote:i'm not using ppa's, i always compile from source. ;-)
just upgraded to r33850 and the error's still there.

Do you have the folders script.module.pil and script.module.pysqlite in either /usr/share/xbmc/addons or in ~/xbmc/addons/ ? There is something weird with them not installing. Ahh yes I remember now (See Here). The PIL and pysqlite modules are not built by the normal makefile -- but they are there for you to manually compile and install.

Also check /usr/lib/xbmc/system/python/ for a python24.zip file, but I think it should be fine in a normal svn build/install.
thanx for the pointers mate, got AMT running now and the fix is in T! r520.

as for the gameboard, i obviously misread your question.
it's supposed to be there, you can play a game of tic-tac-toe, in case you're interested. ;-)