Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Custom fanart view for TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now the view for tvshows --> fanart with banners
(no problem with season and episode view!!!)

Here is the link to view-fanart.xml

http://rapidshare.com/files/419539172/View-Fanart.xml

Cheers

[EDIT]
Now you can enable/disable this view in settings

Here is the link to custom_SkinSettings.xml

http://rapidshare.com/files/419531881/cu...ttings.xml
Neat idea, but the panel that the banners display in doesn't have height= to an exact multiple of the banner height, so when you scroll down a ways, there's part of one banner trailing off the top of the pannel, and another one cut in half at the bottom. Looks kind of ugly...

Can you adjust that so that it shows full banners all the time and not cutoff portions?

Cheers
The REAL Joe
This view is really sweet looking. Maybe if this gets enough attention, ronnie will put it in a future release.
If you use the short list setting, it only cuts off an almost un-noticeable sliver at the top and bottom so it looks really good. Long list doesn't look too bad although it does cut off about half of the banner at the bottom of the list and a sliver at the top.
bencorn Wrote:This view is really sweet looking. Maybe if this gets enough attention, ronnie will put it in a future release.

it's on my todo list. ;-)
ronie Wrote:it's on my todo list. ;-)

This is definitely the reason that after finding your skin, I haven't used any others. By far and large the best skin available.
I replaced the view-fanart.xml in the transparency folder but I cannot use this view. I can't choose it from the side menu. Is there something I'm overlooking?
You have to replace the custom_skinsettings.xml too Nod

...and enable it in xbmc...it is all in the first post Big Grin

Cheers
nuzela10 Wrote:You have to replace the custom_skinsettings.xml too Nod

...and enable it in xbmc...it is all in the first post Big Grin

Cheers

I already replaced both files. I'm somebody who reads instructions in first posts carefully. Wink

Under Miscellaneous options I don't see the 'TV Show - Use banners in fanart view' between the 'Use posters' and 'Enable Clearart' options.

I'm running Dharma Beta 2 and latest Transparency through repository on W7 x64.
Orbi Wrote:I already replaced both files. I'm somebody who reads instructions in first posts carefully. Wink

Didn't realize that from your first post...

Maybe it is because of the new release...i made that mod in the old one...

I will try it again in the svn release soon & will post back...

Cheers
Never mind, I got it working. Big Grin

I had 2 transparency skin folders. One in the XBMC folder in program files and one under roaming app data. I had previously only replaced the files in the XBMC folder.

I have a question: would it be possible to modify the view as to get a long list for the TV shows but a short list of the actual Seasons and episodes as well as movies?

Thanks for this modified view! I like it much better than the previous TV shows views.

Thank you Ronie for including this in future releases!
Hi Ronie,

I've replaced the .xml's and got everything working. But if I change from long to short list this view isn't longer available and it returns to the "normal" fanart-view?!

May I ask on which position on your ToDo-list the implementation of this view is to find? Big GrinBig Grin

I think you'r pretty buisy with the The Paper Street Soap Company-Skin at the moment, so I hope this isn't too annoying.

Regards

Oliver
Friggin' awesome mod!

Hope you don't mind, but I modded your mod to use banner.jpg instead if thumb. Works a treat.

Thank you much for such a great mod for T!

Here's a link to my view-fanart.xml for those interested in banner.jpg support.
http://www.mediafire.com/?29437zbw3g6u32l
I'd like to bump this to ask: Ronie, you mentioned previously that it's on your to-do list to add this into the skin. Can you tell us if/when that may be? I love having this mod in the skin, but I'm worried that an update is going to come out and I'm going to have to fiddle to make it continue working.
Awesome mod!
Pages: 1 2