Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] WMA(pro) audio causes problems with DXVA2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At first I thought there was a problem with Dharma playing VC1 files, but further investigation made it clear that it was the audio track thats causing the problem. All my video files (VC1 and h264) with wma(pro) audio have video glitches when I play them having DXVA2 enabled. As soon as I play the in software mode, they play just fine.

Is this a known issue?

Not that its a big deal, most video's have DD or DTS audio tracks, I was just curious if I am the only one having this problem.

Btw: tested with beta 1 and beta 2, same issues.
never mind my bad
No one having this problem?

Nvm, found out wma pro isnt supported Smile Weird tho that XBMC plays the movies in software mode perfectly.

@CrystalP: I will try and provide a sample this weekend. Like I said, its not a big deal for me, I am just curious what the cause of this could be.
Can you post a sample to give others a chance to confirm the problem?
It's probably FFMPEG related. I have tested with VLC player and it has the exact same issue, works fine in software mode, same video glitches with DXVA2 enabled.
i use xbmc-live and have the same problem.
Files with the wmv container vc1 videocodec and wmapro audio codec wont play very well. No sound and between 4 and 10 fps.

Have posted a ticket, but it's closed because it wasn't related to xbmc.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10245