Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Media Companion scrape info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, hopefully a nice silly easy question to answer but i have searched and just cannot find the answer..

I use Media Companion to scrape/organise etc.. with no issues. I have spent ages sorting out posters/fanart etc that i want to use, however XBMC scrapes itself and uses the info that IT finds?

Is there anyway to get it to just use the info that i already have sourced with Media Companion??

Silly one i know but its driving me nuts Huh

Appreciate all help! Big Grin
It should use the local files first if found - what's your structure?
If by structure you mean folder and files layout its as follows (Hope its understandable Oo )

Movies folder/"film name,nfo,tbn and fanart" all within this folder (No sub folders)

ie Videos/Aliens In Attic.avi
Aliens In Attic.nfo
Aliens In Attic.tbn
Aliens In Attic-fanart
American Gangster.avi
American Gangster.nfo etc...

TV Shows/TV Show Name Folder/Season folder/avi,nfo,tbn within this folder, however the fanart & folder jpegs are within the TV Show Name Folder??

ie TV Shows/30 Rock/Season 1
Fanart.jpeg
Folder.jpeg
Season 1.tbn

And within the Season 1 Folder is :S01e01.avi
S01e01.tbn
S01e01.nfo

I have not messed too much with media companion so it maybe pretty much default settings?

It all works ok (Took me ages to get to grips with xbmc and media companion) however it does all work nice - but just not with what i want Big Grin

REALLY appreciate the time and help! Blush