Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDEA Driver Update on REVO - Washed Out Colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, obviously NOT am XBMC issue - but hoping somebody here has seen this - appreciate any assistance.

I updated my GPU drivers last night to take advantage of being able to view FLASH better for Hulu Desktop on my REVO as well as some other "benefits" it was supposed to offer - and now all the dark colors appear very washed out - but seems to be an issue only when I start Huku Desktop, XBMC or Boxee. Very apparent in the startup screens for all 3 and when you watch any video.

However, my desktop wallpaper on the REVO looks great - nice contrast, blacks are black...same when I'm using Firefox or any other program. Just seems to be in these programs that share the fact that they all play video.

Does that make any sense?

I've played with the NVIDEA control panel and adjusted just about everything I could find..nothing takes me back to the rich dark colors I had before the driver update.

I did find a number of hits on Google noting similar issues...but no solutions - other than someone noting this was related to HDMI and so they hooked up a DVI cable instead. I have an HDMI to DVI cable around so plan to try that tomorrow since I run the sound through the receiver anyways.

Anybody got any suggestions or anyone heard of any solutions? I'm running the latest full release (258.96 I believe?) from NVIDEA for ION (dated July). There is a BETA on their website dated last week that I may try.

The update (and updating to the latest FLASH - both ActiveX and the FireFox Plugin) did fix the issues with FLASH video dropping frames. Much Thanks to "JudgesChambers" for all the tips/assistance provided on his website for REVO owners!

And thanks to anyone who can shed any light (pun intended) on this challenge.

One late note: while watching a movie tonight in widescreen - it seemed like the black bars at the top and bottom actually got darker and lighter depending on what was going on. IE: bright daylight scene - the bars were much darker, almost "normal" - while during a starry night sky scene - everything that should have been a deep rich blue/black was washed out. Does that make sense?
I did some more searching and stumbled upon this thread - this is the specific post from the thread that answers it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=524978&postcount=6

Wow, talk about an easy fix - it worked like a charm!! Everything is back to the way it was prior to the updated driver being rolled on.

Very Happy Camper here now...my REVO is performing like a champ no matter what I throw at it!

Hope this helps others.