Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] - Release Building
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While it seems that the XBMC.app file is working, I keep getting the following message when Building XBMC.app for Release:

Code:
error: Invalid DWARF in /Volumes/Working/xbmc/build/XBMC.build/Release/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/i386/GUIAudioManager.o: DIE 0x000013f2 has multiple  AT_byte_size attributes.

Should I just ignore it?

EDIT: This was a fresh checkout of r33961
D-tyme Wrote:While it seems that the XBMC.app file is working, I keep getting the following message when Building XBMC.app for Release:

Code:
error: Invalid DWARF in /Volumes/Working/xbmc/build/XBMC.build/Release/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/i386/GUIAudioManager.o: DIE 0x000013f2 has multiple  AT_byte_size attributes.

Should I just ignore it?

EDIT: This was a fresh checkout of r33961

It's an error, you can't ignore it, the build fails on errors.
davilla Wrote:It's an error, you can't ignore it, the build fails on errors.

True, but I don't see any real evidence that it "failed" since the XBMC.app seems to be working properly.
OK, I take that back. The build would play everything but BluRay mkv rips.
release is building without errors for me.

religion time, make clean, bootstrap, configure, make xcode depends, build xbmc in xcode.
I had a similar problem building XBMC.
See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=581...stcount=37

The error message was different from yours however.
I got rid of it by:
replacing all "dwarf-with-dsym" in the project file with "dwarf", and, the build finished sucessful.
nobody.loopback Wrote:I had a similar problem building XBMC.
See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=581...stcount=37

The error message was different from yours however.
I got rid of it by:
replacing all "dwarf-with-dsym" in the project file with "dwarf", and, the build finished sucessful.

I'm not sure if I can make the same changes... I'm compiling on 10.6.3 and can compile "debug" "XBMC" just fine. But not the "Release" "XBMC.app".