Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc live not resuming from s3 by mce remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed xbmc live onto a usb flash drive. The power button on the computer will resume xbmc but the remote does not.

"uname -r -v " shows kernal 2.6.31.16-generic

What must I do to get the resume working -- update the kernal or something else?
Bump. Come on someone. I'm a newbie and now I have to battle just to get the freakin resume feature to work? Sad
queeg Wrote:"uname -r -v " shows kernal 2.6.31.16-generic
The fix was actually committed to 2.6.35 kernel and then it reported to be back ported to 2.6.32-25 kernel as well. You certainly need a kernel update. Follow this this thread for details. Cheers!!
i had to move to kernel 2.6.32.22-generic to get it working.
No need to going back to previous kernel, if you install the pre-proposed repo.
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:kernel-ppa/pre-proposed
sudo apt-get update
Cheers!!
cool, mine is working but i might try that one out, hopefully it also fixes some other glitches we have
Ive done some testing and found some strange behavior.

Without HDMI cable the machine wakes up by pressing the power button on the remote
With HDMI cable inserted the machine doesn't wake-up
MacUsers Wrote:The fix was actually committed to 2.6.35 kernel and then it reported to be back ported to 2.6.32-25 kernel as well. You certainly need a kernel update. Follow this this thread for details. Cheers!!

I had already read though that thread before I posted. The possible solution(s) in that thread wander all over the place and are way too vague for me to determine what I actually should do.
Which kernal should I install and how exactly is that done?
queeg Wrote:I had already read though that thread before I posted. The possible solution(s) in that thread wander all over the place and are way too vague for me to determine what I actually should do.
Which kernal should I install and how exactly is that done?

back up 4 posts to number 6

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:back up 4 posts to number 6

-=Jason=-

So are you saying I don't have to change kernal (I'm at 2.6.31.16-generic), all I have to do is this?

sudo apt-get update
MacUsers Wrote:The fix was actually committed to 2.6.35 kernel and then it reported to be back ported to 2.6.32-25 kernel as well. You certainly need a kernel update. Follow this this thread for details. Cheers!!

The thread isn't saying what to do directly enough for me. I'm a linux novice and a xbmc newbie. I can't read between the lines.

Could you just state which of the kernals I should upgrade to?
queeg Wrote:Could you just state which of the kernals I should upgrade to?
Well, I did it 2nd time on another machine and it started working in just 2 mins. The only thing which annoys me is that I/you need to press the Power on the remote to wake-up the computer. I was wondering if it's possible to make it work for any buttons.
BTW, if you follow the steps, exactly as listed below, it should get you start going.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo aptitude install linux-headers-2.6.32-26-generic linux-image-2.6.32-26-generic
sudo reboot
If it still doesn't work after that, tell us the output of the following commands:
Code:
sudo uname -rv
sudo lsusb
sudo  lspci | grep US
sudo cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep US
and we'll help you to sort it out. Cheers!!
MacUsers Wrote:Well, I did it 2nd time on another machine and it started working in just 2 mins. The only thing which annoys me is that I/you need to press the Power on the remote to wake-up the computer. I was wondering if it's possible to make it work for any buttons.
BTW, if you follow the steps, exactly as listed below, it should get you start going.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo aptitude install linux-headers-2.6.32-26-generic linux-image-2.6.32-26-generic
sudo reboot
If it still doesn't work after that, tell us the output of the following commands:
Code:
sudo uname -rv
sudo lsusb
sudo  lspci | grep US
sudo cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep US
and we'll help you to sort it out. Cheers!!

Just did updating (Dharma Beta 3, Zotac ZBOX HD-11), but it didn´t help, my machine won´t resume from S3 with remote. And after this the remote still doesn´t work if I resume my machine with power button (the red light blinks at the receiver, but nothing happens). Also my hdmi-sound stopped working. :o Don´t want to try again, because I like sound. :p