Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Updates not taking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I downloaded the Live iso, and then put it on a USB drive using the Universal USB Installer.

I went in, installed firefox, freenx, updated the system, and all of that good stuff. I also installed some xbmc plugins.

Upon reboot my xbmc plugins are there, but my other files are not. I tested this a couple of time,s and that appears to be the case.

Is there some weird filesystem setup that's happening that is giving me grief here?

XBMC works beautifully, but it's not stateful between reboots! Help!
Ok, so I see that aufs is being mounting as a tempfs. I've tried editing the menu.lst in the /live directory, but that's nottaking, and I cna't find one in the /boot directory. Where is that menu.lst stored?!?!?
So I edited the boot options and took out tempfs, but still none of my changes took. Is it something inherent in the image?

Is it really impossible to install extra software with the live version!?!?! That would be crazy....
ok, well time to give up I guess.

The XBMC disk, latest, nightly, whatever all fail to install with no log output or anything on dmesg, just a "failed on a step: Install system:" message.

XMBC live runs like a dream, but there doesn't appear to be a migration path to make what is currently running permanent. Maybe I'll just give up.
Man, I would also like to know if it is possible to install XBMC Live on USB stick with permanent storage file (like casper-rw or something).

I remember that on XBMC Babylon Live that was possible during install, it asked you if you would like to install with permanent storage file and what size you would like to.

So if you manage to install it with permanent storage file, please be kind and share it with rest of us.

Thx.