Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist question (probably dumb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay, i read all the posts about playlists, and the online manual page, and i can't figure this out.

i can add and remove and rearrange items on a playlist from xbmc.  no problem.

how do i get a list of all my playlists?  when i hit remote-title, i go to what seems like the one-and-only playlist.  it's like it's missing a ".." to go up to the playlist directory.

am i doing something wrong?  or can we only create and use one playlist from xbmc?

(i'm not interested in importing pc playlists, just creating a few from xbmc).

thanks!
the playlists button? :p
what playlists button? i'm using mayhem ii, and i don't see one anywhere... (of course, i don't see the milk in the fridge if it's not in the same spot it always is).
its never bloody changed... and neither has the spot for the milk in the fridge! title or white button! or read manual!
title just toggles between the current playlist and the music list. i can't get to the list of playlists (or i can't figure out how).

i'm probably not explaining it well. here's a scenario:

- i highligh "ac-dc/back in black"
- i press "0"
- i hit title
- there's a playlist, with "back in black" in it
- i select "save"
- i type "playlist 1" and hit enter

now, how do i create a second playlist? i can select more songs, delete the original songs, and save as "playlist 2" i suppose. but now how do i select playlist 1 or playlist 2 to play?

the only way i've found so far is:
- switch to file view
- select drive f: (where my data directory is)
- navigate to the albums\playlist directory
- select the playlist file from there

seems a little cumbersome. i'm assuming there's a better way to get to playlists than always switching to file view?
ummmm.... my music>playlists (should be on the left hand side along with scan and other stuff)
not there when in artist mode (on mayhem ii). i'll check if it's in file mode, or mayhem i.

if that's the only way, seems like a pain to have to flip to file mode to use playlists?
i have the same problem. i can see the playlist option on the left only when in "file" mode. if i'm "album" mode, then the playlist button dissapears. i've had to stop using anything but file mode because of no playlist button.
yeah, i tested it, and playlists only shows up in file mode.

i'm going to edit the skin and see if i can add the playlist button to the artist/album/genre screens.
well, that didn't work. there must be something in xbmc that prevents/isn't looking for the playlist function when in anything other than file mode.

guess i'll submit a bug on sourceforge unless anyone has any suggestions?