Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] XBMC connecting to lirc issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive installed xbmc svn33778 on linux mint and got issue with connecting it to lirc
my remote = Philips srm7500 - ive managed to connect it to lirc and irw is printing button presses
starting up xbmc does not enable the driver
ive created Lircmap.xml with name of remote from lircd.conf under .xbmc/userdata folder in my home dir
what have i missed?

Code:
lircd -n --device=macShortAddress=12:34,remoteShortAddress=56:78,macPANId=9a:bc
lircd: lircd(srm7500libusb) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd
after starting irw
Code:
lircd: accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
lircd: initializing driver
lircd: 802.15.4 network parameters
lircd:     macShortAddress 12:34
lircd:     macPANId 9a:bc
lircd:     LogicalChannel 19
lircd:     remoteShortAddress 56:78
lircd:     macBeaconPayload PHILIPSzbox
lircd: initializing Philips USB receiver
lircd: USB receiver initialized

after starting xbmc nothing happends

my lircmap.xml
Code:
<lircmap>
    <remote device="SRM7500">
        <play>Play</play>
        <pause>Pause</pause>
        <stop>Stop</stop>
        <forward>Forward</forward>
        </remote>
        </lircmap>
And have you properly configured ~/.xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml?
thank You for fast reply
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml is left untouched
i dont have ~/.xbmc/system/keymaps dir

[SOLVED]
Code:
ln -s /var/run/lirc/lircd /dev/lircd
does the trick
Im having a huge amount of trouble with this remote anychance you could help with the overall install process, basically my problem is that i have no information in my hardware.conf file for LIRC
cavej03 Wrote:Im having a huge amount of trouble with this remote anychance you could help with the overall install process, basically my problem is that i have no information in my hardware.conf file for LIRC
If you talking about MCE (Philips RC-6) remote, then try this post; should do the job for you.
For XBMC, as hikaricore said, you need a properly configured remote.xml to work. If you running XBMC as user "xbmc", then copy the /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml to ~xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ (create keymaps directory if it's already not there) and then modify the remote.xml file as you required. Hope this helps. Cheers!!
MacUsers Wrote:If you talking about MCE (Philips RC-6) remote, then try this post; should do the job for you.
For XBMC, as hikaricore said, you need a properly configured remote.xml to work. If you running XBMC as user "xbmc", then copy the /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml to ~xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ (create keymaps directory if it's already not there) and then modify the remote.xml file as you required. Hope this helps. Cheers!!

Thanks heaps for that, is this working with the RF receiver that comes paired with the srm7500, I ask because it has no mention of the mac address used to connect to that receiver.