Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cheap usb remote question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I bought a cheap usb wireless remote from ebay and looking for its compatibility with xbmc live 9.11 I came across the info that these cheap remotes simulates MMC keypresses, and I have a question now,

is it possible to use it for selecting the OS I want to boot on in grub with this remote, or it will only work when you are inside the os?

Thanks and sorry for language mistakes, I'm from Chile.
Grub doesn't support remotes so it won't work.
Mine cheap remote shows up as a USB keyboard. The direction buttons send arrow keys and OK was the enter key. Worked in GRUB.
Thanks Zeron, that was my thinking, I figured a remote wouldn't work, but since this is just a keyboard bascially, it thoguht it might.

Thanks!! the remote should be getting to my hands tomorrow at maximum, so I check it out then, thanks again
hi groggycl

i have a hama remote and it also shows as a usb keyboard.. arrow keys works perfect in grub menu, hey i even use it in the bios of my asus mobo.
Juanjo Wrote:hi groggycl

i have a hama remote and it also shows as a usb keyboard.. arrow keys works perfect in grub menu, hey i even use it in the bios of my asus mobo.

great! my remote didn't make it today...hopefully tomorrow :O