Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: projectM visualization resets itself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like to use the projectM visualizations when I'm listening to music on XBMC, and I've noticed that every time I leave the music screen for a menu, whether it be the main menu or the now playing screen, projectM resets itself to the first preset in the list. This does not occur with the OSD menus such as the visualization settings or preset list, only with the now playing screen or main menu. Locking the preset does not affect this behavior.

Setting the visualizations to shuffle mode does change the behavior: in shuffle mode, opening the menus causes projectM to shuffle to the next preset instead of jumping to the beginning of the list. Locking is affected in the same way; when a menu is opened, the preset shuffles and the preset is unlocked.

I find it annoying, because I often go into the menus to reorder or edit my now playing queue while listening. I like to see a variety of presets, but i don't really like using shuffle because i like it when the presets are similar to the ones before them. Also, if I've locked it on a preset that i like, it's annoying to lose that preset if I go to the menus.

Sorry, really long question I know, but anyways is there any way to fix this? I couldn't find any settings that would affect it.

I'm using XBMC on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
indeed annoying, it's because no one has bothered to give ProjectM a memory of last preset used.

so debatable whether it's a bug or missing feature, but it sure needs fixin'

offtopic: another projectm issue, not all "milks" that we ship ProjectM with works, it's possibly fixed in newer projectm, but I can't be sure, One example is "Zylot - Color of Music"
Fast forward two years and it is still annoying :-)

The worst is that the first preset it resets to is kind of a dumb one, Aderrasi - Agitator that shows a green screen with a tiny tiny little shape moving to the beat in the middle of the screen

I really gotta disable that one.

And you're right, Zylot - Color of Music is still not working properly (shows a solid white screen) along with a bunch of others. I wonder if anyone's made a custom preset list with the ones that work properly