Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Season thumbs not found, Dharma Beta2, tv scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Dharma Beta 2 on a Windows platform, I have TV episodes being scraped in just fine, I'm using thetvdb.com as the scraper. New seasons of shows are not finding the 'box art' or season thumbs though.

I have the folder structure of: (using the show Castle as an example)

Code:
Media
--Television
----Castle
------Season 1
------Season 2
------Season 3

Season 1 and 2 have artwork, but season three does not, and if I access the context menu on that season with 'C' and then select 'Set season thumbs' the choose thumbnail window appears but there's no thumbnails to choose.

I think this may be due to the beta state of Dharma, and that's fine, but I've searched the forums and cant find mention of it, so I wanted to bring it up.

It could be that thetvdb.com has changed something at their side.

a direct link to the season 1 (working) image at thetvdb is
Code:
http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/seasons/83462-1.jpg
and a link to the image for season 3 that xbmc is not finding is
Code:
http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/seasons/83462-3.jpg

I'm using the 'Night' skin and have tried Confluence with the same results. I have a debug log and here's an excerpt from pressing C:

Code:
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61507 pressed, action is ContextMenu
DEBUG: CFavourites::Load - no system favourites found, skipping
INFO: Loading skin file: DialogContextMenu.xml
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------
SDLKeyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 273, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
CApplication::OnKey: 61478 pressed, action is Up
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 28, sym: 13, unicode: 13, modifier: 0
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61453 pressed, action is Select
DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------
INFO: Loading skin file: FileBrowser.xml
WARNING: Skin has invalid include: dialogOpen
WARNING: Skin has invalid include: dialogSeparator
WARNING: Previous line repeats 5 times.
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (FileBrowser.xml) ------

I'd suspect those warnings at the bottom, but it does work for seasons 1 and 2, which seems strange.

Is there anything more I can check?
Thanks,
it has been fixed a few days ago. update your tvdb scraper through the add-ons browser.
've updated and the problem persisted, so I restarted xbmc but that didnt help either.
I needed to access the season and, from the information menu, select refresh. Once that was done, it was able to see the season thumbs.

That makes sense as to why it was affecting only new seasons of shows.
Thanks for the reply Spiff. I do keep the addons up to date, but wouldnt have thought to refresh the info without you saying that this was a known/fixed issue.

cheers.
same issue here. I updated the tvdb scraper and then updated (using get info) for that season and did a refresh. the season only had 1 episode in it and took about 5 minutes on the 'loading tv details' screen. after which I had a season thumbnail.

I then did the exact same thing for another show and waited even longer (1 episode in the season as well) and at the end, had no season thumbnail. I confirmed on thetvdb.com that a season thumb does exist for that season.

Is it loading ALL the episode info for all the season? it clearly said: House Season 7 on the downloading screen but I can't understand why it takes so long. Adding a new show via update library takes seconds.

So..something seems dodgy. Is there any reason that from the 'set season thumb' we can't browse remote season thumbnails? why is this only for browsing locally? it works this way for the show thumbnails after all.

(running dharma2 on atv(linux))
I installed Dharma on my XBMCUbuntu setup this weekend through the svn ppa repos, but I already had this issue with stable xbmc (It was one of the reasons why I upgraded, to see if it was fixed here).

Some thumbnails works (like Hell's Kitchen, Family Guy, Breaking Bad), and when I press set the thumb, it actually shows remote links to thetvdb.com up. But it is a small minority of my series/seasons, and it is not only the newly added series (e.g. Fringe doesn't work, and I have had in the db for some time with season thumbs).

I am running the "old db" on Dharma, should I delete .xbmc and start over (I already did a backup Wink? I really don't want to waste thetvdb.com's bandwidth with a new db.
I have the same problem.

I scraped my database with the scraper settings having prefer poster and on another computer scraped it without prefer poster. I have banners and season thumbs for some of my shows. (I am not 100% sure how I did this)

I would like my xbmc remote to have both for all. Maybe this will give a hint to someone with more knowledge than I.

EDIT: When I already have the banner, change the setting to prefer poster and do a refresh I seem to have both.