Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thumbs not showing from remote database w/ Dharma 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a pretty annoying issue for me. I am using Dharma beta 2 on all machines. I have setup a mysql database for video and music on my windows home server. I have 1 Windows Desktop, 2 Windows Laptops, and a Macbook Pro all with XBMC installed. They are all configured to use the remote database on my whs with the advancesettings configuration. Generally speaking that works fine, accept for the thumbnails. They only show on the machine that adds the file to the database by default. It can be fixed on the other machines viewing info and leaving generally, but sometimes a refresh is needed. All movies and TV shows are pre-scrapped before adding. For movies I use Ember, for TV I use Media Companion.

EX: If a movie is added to the movie source folder (along with all scrap data) and I update the library on laptopA, everything loads correctly. If I then go to laptopB, the movie will be listed as expected. However, there will be no thumbnail. Most of the time, hitting info twice will make the thumb appear. Sometimes that doesn't work, and then a refresh from local data is required. Since I can't tell XMBC to refresh from local data for every movie, and I have a lot of them, it's pretty annoying when installing on a new machine, or if I reload a machine. It does the same thing for TV Shows as well.

The sources are entered the exact same way on all machines, all running dharma beta 2. I have deleted the databases from mysql and created new ones and the same problem exists. I'm not sure what other details are relevant.

Anyone have any ideas or direction to look at?
There's plenty of threads about this, but basically you have to copy the thumbnails folder across to the other machine. This will be solved once video and music thumbnails move to the new texturecache.
Thanks for the info. I tried searching, but i must have not been using the correct keywords.