Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Flac audio playback issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've finally managed to rip all my cds to flac format, and moved them onto my Zotac IONITX-F based HTPC, running XBMC on ubuntu minimal 9.10. The system is connected via analog audio to an old TV set, so it's just 2.0 for now. Playback works fine for a while, and then for some reason the audio starts getting bad. It sounds as if there's some lag causing the two stereo channels to desynchronize. Here's an example recording fragment of what happens (miced with an Edirol recorder), and here's how the song is supposed to sound. Any ideas what's causing this? Is the Zotac board's Atom cpu to weak to decode flac? And more importantly, any ideas on how to solve this?
Anyone? What flac decoder does XBMC use? Is it replaceable? Or does it sound like a driver issue?
Iskendar Wrote:Anyone? What flac decoder does XBMC use? Is it replaceable? Or does it sound like a driver issue?

Ubuntu minimal 9.04 on Asrock Ion. XBMC uses libFLAC.so.8 from package libflac8 version 1.2.1-1.2

I've never experienced the problem you're seeing. Have you installed libflac?
I've got libflac8 version 1.2.1-2build1.
Also, pausing the playback and then resuming it solves the problem. So it looks like some sort of lag problem to me.