Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] RlsLog Hotfile (Video) Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
it's been a while. Today I bring you a small video plugin I hacked together. It streams videos uploaded to hotfile.com and posted on the scene release blog RlsLog.net. It needs a hotfile premium account to work! Enter the login details (username/password) in the addon settings. It will only show valid avi and mkv links, no rar/HJSplit support - but most TV Shows (and some movies) are available there as direct downloads.
I did not have time to test it thoroughly, so please give it a try and let me know if there are any problems with it.

The addon is attached to this post and can be installed via addon manager. If you are not logged in, please finde the plugin here:
http://drop.io/plugin_video_rlslog

Let me know what you think!
is it possible to download the movie with this plugin?
It would be good to be able to select a movie, tv show or music and download it, extract it then put it the appropriate section then update the library.
Or even auto download say tv shows every week.
Wow, nice. Gonna try this. Was, very slowly, working on hotfile streaming as well. Please try to get this into one of the main or top addon repos so it can be downloaded and auto updated.
I thought about a downloader script, but that is much more work and I don't have a lot of spare time right now. Such a script would be useful with a client/server architecture, so XBMC would just be one way of interfacing it and it would be possible to run the server on a seperate machine (NAS, etc.). That way, the script might be useful for Non-XBMC users and evolve faster. Anyway, I like the streaming idea though. Not having to boot my laptop to watch new shows right in the living room without downloading was always my thing.

Hotfile is not the fastest hoster, but streaming works for me, even for 720p MKVs. Maybe next month, I will switch to a different one click host (Rapidshare is obviously dead now) and maybe extend the plugin to that hoster.

I don't know if this should be added to the repositories for now as it is quite obviously a bit pirate-ish and will only work for a small amount of users (with hotfile accounts). If somebody picks it up and submits it to one of the repositories, I won't be angry though.
I also made a plugin for ScnSrc.net in case RlsLog is down like today:
http://ge.tt/3Ehr8L
This is the jackpot, awesome work man!
Here's a cool little thing I just did: insert this between lines 146 and 147 to add a context menu item to download a video with jDownloader:
Code:
cm = []
        cm.append( ( "Download with jDownloader", "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.jdownloader/?action=addlink&url=%s)" % ( url )) )
        liz.addContextMenuItems(cm)
amazing! great job, both of you. works perfect!
time to finally make the switch to hotfile i guess Smile
how do u do that with windows 7
mbetter Wrote:Here's a cool little thing I just did: insert this between lines 146 and 147 to add a context menu item to download a video with jDownloader:
Code:
cm = []
        cm.append( ( "Download with jDownloader", "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.jdownloader/?action=addlink&url=%s)" % ( url )) )
        liz.addContextMenuItems(cm)
cool, thanks for that mbetter, might add that to my icefilms addon.
looks like a nice addon. good luck with it.
my premium hotfile account expired last week and not a day too soon.
without a doubt, hotfile has the worst retention rate out there. links are dead within hours of being uploaded. and it's not going to get any better, here's why... they're being sued by the big hollywood studios

Code:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110209/media_nm/us_hollywood_lawsuit
Rlslog went to Fileserve, so I did the same.
ahem, more reasons to use megauplo*d and icefilms
mbetter Wrote:Rlslog went to Fileserve, so I did the same.

purchased a fileserve account after my hotfile expired. but i must say there retention rate is not all that much better, and find the speeds very slow compared to rapidshare and megaup. looks like filesonic has been gaining a lot of ground in the past few months