Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dharma B2 - Video Occasionally Hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Dharma Beta 2 on top of Ubuntu 10.04. Video is stored on an Ubuntu-based server and XBMC connects (via ethernet) using samba. I have noticed that occasionally (once or twice in a 45 minute television episode) video will hang for a few seconds, then take a few seconds to sync up with audio again.

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H New Nvidia 8200 Chipset
AMD Athlon 64 6000+
4 GB dual-channel ram (though OS is 32-bit, so...)
Video and audio over HDMI
Nvidia 260.19.06

I also have an ION2 system in the bedroom that exhibits the same behaviour. Server is Ubuntu 9.10, and has been working flawlessly. No changes were made to it prior or after upgrade of XMBC systems.

Pastebin

Pastebin shows an episode of Weeds that hung particularly badly around the 10-15 minute mark.
Hmm.. Reading through the log, I see messages related to pulseaudio. Could this be the culprit? Currently, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and using the SVN PPA. Prior to this, I was running 9.04 and compiling from SVN. The other notable difference was that I purged pulseaudio from the system (on the previous, 9.04 install), and compiled with the --disable-pulse flag.