Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Remote7 - An XBMC Remote for Windows Phone 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
XBMC Remote7 is a library browser and remote for Windows Phone 7.

Features:

Based on the new JSON-RPC interface for consistent, stable and fast responses from XBMC.

Fully threaded asynchronous code base - XBMC Remote7 will never freeze or lock up, it will always deliver a fluid and seamless UI experience.

Manage unlimited XBMC installations seamlessly from anywhere in the world.

Rich library browser including all meta data and album/cover art.

Ability to queue media at any level i.e. Add all songs by artist to the playlist or all episodes by season etc.

Virtual remote using the touch screen to send key input to XBMC as though you were using a physical remote.

Optomised for the Windows Phone 7 experience making use of the new Pivot and Panorama layouts to seamlessly display all relevant information from a single panel - No need to constantly drill down through sub menus like on other platforms.

Roadmap:

The core library that interacts with XBMC has been completed and all relevant JSON-RPC calls implemented. The focus is now on tightening the user experience to provide the most fluid and intuitive interface possible.

XBMC Remote7 will be available from the market place on Windows Phone 7 launch day. Free and Premium versions will be available. The premium version will be cheap and I hope it will be a compelling deal.

Please feel free to give me some feedback or feature suggestions, this app is for the community so I will listen to everyone and implement suggestions as soon as possible Smile

Incremental updates will be posted on my personal site at http://digitalreality.co.nz/ - Sorry it's so bland I actually do a lot of web design I just haven't had the time to put any effort in to this site but I'll get there.

Feel free to PM me or email me at: [email protected]

Demo of an early development build in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLlcjbJ4gY

Pictures:

More Pictures (Sorry they're so long vertically):

Wow, looks great! Looking forward to trying this out when WP7 and your app releasesBig Grin
Jonno2343 Wrote:Wow, looks great! Looking forward to trying this out when WP7 and your app releasesBig Grin

Thanks Big Grin

I've spent ages tonight implementing context menus and gestures for playing/queuing media etc.

Details and screenshots here:

http://digitalreality.co.nz/2010/10/xbmc...-progress/
Seen the video on WMpoweruser, Looks amazing.
Cant wait to get my hands on this, Will U have it in the oficial MS Marketplace or on ur site when ur finished.
dfmos Wrote:Seen the video on WMpoweruser, Looks amazing.
Cant wait to get my hands on this, Will U have it in the oficial MS Marketplace or on ur site when ur finished.

Hey thanks Smile

It will be on the official market place - It gives it more exposure and makes it easier for everyone to find and download. There will be a free and premium version. Not sure of the differences between the two yet but they will be minor and the the premium version will be very cheap Smile
Great work dstruktiv, looks great and like a pleasure to use.
The virtual remote is something I'd use so thanks for including it Big Grin

You've got at least one premium app sold right here!
JEEtoP Wrote:Great work dstruktiv, looks great and like a pleasure to use.
The virtual remote is something I'd use so thanks for including it Big Grin

You've got at least one premium app sold right here!

Awesome thanks a lot Smile

Here's a few new screens:

User controlled backgrounds:

App looks cool, interested in seeing what happens at the Windows 7 phone launch event tomorrow and see if it's truly a OS contender again.

By the way, did you know your site's WebOfTrust page is very poor? The Chrome addon prevented me from going to it without consent: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/digitalreality.co.nz
weldon Wrote:App looks cool, interested in seeing what happens at the Windows 7 phone launch event tomorrow and see if it's truly a OS contender again.

By the way, did you know your site's WebOfTrust page is very poor? The Chrome addon prevented me from going to it without consent: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/digitalreality.co.nz

After playing with the dev tools I have to say it's the most developer friendly device available and devs are ultimately what make a platform. I think it's going to be very successful Smile

And the site... I used to do a lot of dev for jtag'd Xbox 360's as a personal hobby, I had a site hosted under a sub directory which hosted my apps as well as a few third party ones. There was a single executable that was flagged as malware (It most certainly wasn't!) which seems to have permanently affected the sites rating even though that file has long since been removed.
dstruktiv Wrote:After playing with the dev tools I have to say it's the most developer friendly device available and devs are ultimately what make a platform. I think it's going to be very successful Smile

And the site... I used to do a lot of dev for jtag'd Xbox 360's as a personal hobby, I had a site hosted under a sub directory which hosted my apps as well as a few third party ones. There was a single executable that was flagged as malware (It most certainly wasn't!) which seems to have permanently affected the sites rating even though that file has long since been removed.

Were you able to use it to get this to work without having it install VS2010 Express via the downloader? On the MS website I could only find the installer that tries to install VS 2010 Express.

I have a full version of VS 2010 already, and i'd prefer to use it instead.
weldon Wrote:Were you able to use it to get this to work without having it install VS2010 Express via the downloader? On the MS website I could only find the installer that tries to install VS 2010 Express.

I have a full version of VS 2010 already, and i'd prefer to use it instead.

I ran the installer over a full VS 2010 install, it actually skipped downloading and installing the express edition even though it makes you feel like that's what it's about to do.
dstruktiv Wrote:I ran the installer over a full VS 2010 install, it actually skipped downloading and installing the express edition even though it makes you feel like that's what it's about to do.

Cool, got it to work. Thanks.
looks very nice dude.

just a question: how do u send keys to xbmc? like up/down?
Pages: 1 2 3