Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [BUG] Could not download information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"Could not download information. Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?" why I get this error message? Maybe one of my wrapper is not woring properly? No
Maybe yes.
I think the problem is with themoviedb scraper. Can anyone show me, how I can disable that annoying popup message?
I'm getting the same problem using Dharma Beta 3. Could be the reason that XBMC doesn't find all my movies (I get tired of waiting to click "yes to continue")
Got the same problem, annoying but it still seems to download information.
Anyone find a fix for this one yet?
This will happen if themoviedb (or any site) returns a 404 or similar. For instance, having a scraped name beginning with a period (.) will do this on themoviedb.org
Lookup the advancedsettings.xml wiki - there is a new option that allows you to silence the errors while the scraping will continue.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
Quote:<videoscanner>

Options specific to the Video scanner

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos
</videoscanner>
jmarshall Wrote:This will happen if themoviedb (or any site) returns a 404 or similar. For instance, having a scraped name beginning with a period (.) will do this on themoviedb.org

Interesting. I do seem to be downloading updates, but it always does end with this error. I don't think I have anything whose name begins with a period, but some sort of title that's giving it problems definitely sounds plausible based on my symptoms.
Check your network settings. I had "Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet" checked, and since it wasn't set up properly, that was screwing up my ability to update my database.

[edit] upon reading your symptoms it sounds like you're able to connect to the database, but hopefully this will be helpful to others that are encountering this problem.
jmarshall Wrote:This will happen if themoviedb (or any site) returns a 404 or similar. For instance, having a scraped name beginning with a period (.) will do this on themoviedb.org

Is there a log file anywhere that I can look at the explain exactly which file is causing this error?
manekineko Wrote:Is there a log file anywhere that I can look at the explain exactly which file is causing this error?

Turn on debug logging and see if there's anything in xbmc.log.

JR
the advancedsetting.xml worked for me for a day. But the problem persisted again. it seems it's only having trouble with themoviedb.org, IMDB works fine. Has anyone found a solution?
bump
Does it for me on IMDB and TheMovieDB. Five systems affected after RC2 (went a clean install - was running beta 2 before), four Live and one Win7. I have over 1200 movies archived and I can't click "yes" 1200+ times for each of my five front ends.

None of them do this on Music or TV Shows.

From one of the Live frontends.

http://pastebin.com/P8ZauH9y

FYI my movie files are all named the same. I name them (copy/paste) directly from the themoviedb title. In the above example, the name would be: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954).mp4 This has worked for me just fine in the past until doing a fresh install of RC2. I have tried a reinstall on one of the Live frontends and still have the same problem.
Pages: 1 2 3