Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Acer Revo 1600 - xbmc live - nes emulator - help please - im noob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for this tread. However,,I am a linux ubuntu XBMC live noob, so I simply cannot get it to work.

My focus is the NES emulator. If I can get that to work, I am superhappy.

What i have: acer 1600 1gig ram , 160 gb drive nettop with xbmc live - working from a ubuntu minimal installation (followed the lifehacker set up silent media center article)

I downloaded this mednafen program. I downloaded a nes rom. I downloaded the launcher, and unzipped it into my programs folder, it seems to be working. The thumb is up, and yeah..looks good.

Now: what I did next (chaotic i know). I both unzipped the medafen program on my own pc, and transfered it to the nettop via filezilla, as well as transfer the zip file directly to the nettop. I finally made the "sudo apt-get update" command work through pressing ctrl alt f2 (is that correct btw?) It did the update.

Then i wrote "sudo apt-get install mednafen" this executed, and seemed to work.

Next, i tried to create the directory as stated: .XBMC/userdata/plugin_data/launcher/launchers.xml

The file contains this text only:
- <launcher>
<name>NES</name>
<application>/usr/games/mednafen</application>
<args>-nes.xres 960 -nes.yres 700 -fs 1 -sounddriver sdl</args>
<rompath>/home/xbmc/ROMS/NES/</rompath>
<romext>nes|zip|ZIP|NES|Nes|Zip</romext>
<thumb />
<wait>true</wait>
</launcher>

Now I pressed launcher.and selected add new launcher. Then i choose the 2nd option, the file launcher thingy (said emulators in paranthesis). I chose the launchers.xml as the exe file (is this correct??) then i chose the rom location, which i could not find under home/xbmc/roms/nes (would not show in my xbmc search,the folders that is) so i had some other folder where i put the roms. I pressed ok. Then i ran the launcher. Import files - yes i said. The rom appeared. However, when i press the rom. Nothing happens.

Can someone please tell me where i have gone wrong? I have tried to follow the guide,but i have no ubuntu/linux/XBMC live experience whatsover,so i probably did a noob mistake

any help is greatly appreciated