Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UFC Events Category Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Everyone,

New to XBMC, and have been doing a lot of research and prep work (to my collection) before I purchase my standalone HTPC. One thing I am having trouble with is categorizing my UFC Collection. It is currently in the format:

Drive Letter:\UFC\UFC Event # (etc)

Ideally, I would like these to show up under TV Show with a UFC Sub Folder, and then each events poster under that. I have all posters and events already loaded in each folder - so scraping is not necessary. However, when I set the content to TV - they will not show up. Setting the content as Movie - lists each event in the general movie category seperately.

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks in advance
These aren't allowed on TVDB so you face a few problems in adding them to tv shows.

1. TV shows don't support stacked files so most of these events will cause issues as generally the scene releases are in two parts.

2. You will need to create a proper tv stucture so folder, tvshow nfo and a naming convention or regex for the files that allows xbmc to scan them.

3. Episode view in most skins won't offer poster dimensions for the events.

One possible way may be for each event to be a season would then be cool to split into fights rather than evnet halves and would also make prelims easier to incorporate but would need a lot of manual nfo's created.

My solution was just to add them to a set and import them to the movie library but agree they would be better in tv shows, if anyone has created a workable way for them let me know.
Hm....

My thought be would that I would want it setup like the follow - For example

The Office - shows up under TV Show with generic "Office Poster" - once selected a sub-menu is shown with a different Poster for each Season, once a Season is selected - you enter list view where you can select an episode.

So - translating this into UFC:

UFC is the main "Show", I want the Events to show up as "Seasons" - each with it's own Poster, once selected it would list the *.avi for the fight. Seems pretty easy - but I think XBMC being "smart" and trying to categorize things for me messes this up.

Again, not sure if this is a reasonable request or explanation - but would appreciate help.

Thanks!
Oh-.. I will follow this thread very close. Hopefully someone will come up with an excellent solution.

I would love this for my UFC collection.
shinydiamond Wrote:Hm....

My thought be would that I would want it setup like the follow - For example

The Office - shows up under TV Show with generic "Office Poster" - once selected a sub-menu is shown with a different Poster for each Season, once a Season is selected - you enter list view where you can select an episode.

So - translating this into UFC:

UFC is the main "Show", I want the Events to show up as "Seasons" - each with it's own Poster, once selected it would list the *.avi for the fight. Seems pretty easy - but I think XBMC being "smart" and trying to categorize things for me messes this up.

Again, not sure if this is a reasonable request or explanation - but would appreciate help.

Thanks!

It's something I'd like to see so will take a stab at it.

will need following...
tvshow.nfo
folder.jpg for ufc events
regex in advancedsettings to recognise event folders as seasons
regex to recognise event files as episodes

alternatively to custom regex a group to manage and share the files with an agreed naming convention.

If there was interest in a standarised naming and files would we want to create for countdowns and post conferences also?

There's gonna be issues though for those with ultimate events, country events and ufc 37.5 as it will stop there being a coherent numbering for the events.
Well... *sigh* I'm currently trying to tackle this problem. Specifically, I'm writing a VB organizing/renaming addon and IMBD scraper for UFC events for Ember Media Manager (relying HEAVILY on the "Bulk Renaming Tool" and native Ember IMBD scraper). The obvious point to create a folder/file structure for UFC events that can be read by XBMC. Here are some thoughts:

1. We need to settle on a folder/file naming convention that is somewhat limited. The OP's suggestion of "Drive:\UFC\UFC.Event#" is a start and IMO a good one.
a. Additionally, the user needs to be able to add certain fields to the folder/file name. Namely [Event title], [Event date], [Location], [Headline fight], [Headline fighter names]. These are what I'm currently writing. Agree? Any others?
2. Limiting the type of file/folder structure is important. For example, not allowing Video_TS type structure/file (for now) is important. The only readable files/folders should be those with "CD1" or "Part1" (for example), and likewise for the files since those can be read by XBMC.
a. Additionally, if the event is multi-part, then all of those files need to be organized under the specific event folder (ex. "D:\UFC\UFC.101.TheBeginning\UFC.101.TheBeginning - cd1.avi" and "D:\UFC\UFC.101.TheBeginning\UFC.101.TheBeginning.cd2.avi" Agree? Any other suggestions?
3. Since IMDB now lists the UFC events (and tvdb doesn't), then we need to have a way of telling XBMC that the "Show" (UFC) folder contains "Seasons" (UFC.1, UFC.2, etc.) that are separate, with separate appropriate .nfos, folder.jpgs, fanart, etc. In the case of multi-part events, these files need to also be separate IMO. Any suggestions here? Agree?
Hey guys... i am also looking at adding all my UFC events to XBMC...

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this?

Thanks Wink
i lied
Ive got a semi decent setup with my UFC collection, They have been scraped as movies (I use Metabrowser it can access moviesdb i think which has all the ufc's listed). I then simply add it to videos but dont set content. Ive then added it as a favourite and inserted it as a submenu on my Aeon skin setup under TV Shows, you could also have it as a separate home menu icon.

Il check if metainfo comes up on it though as I havent checked, I just have poster view and it all comes up correctly so im pretty happy with it at the moment.
I have all my UFC shows in a Movie Set folder. They are properly scraped by themoviedb.

I also started finished adding fighters to the PrideFC lineup in themoviedb. If you guys scrapped that before, rescrape them to get the updated fighters.

One of the nicest things is to search for a fighter and find everything hes fought in.
I have my UFC events set up as a Movie set, as when i tried to configure them as a TVshow XBMC would give me duplicate entries in my library (it was reading the nfo file as another episode and i would get another duplicate every time it scanned for updates - very annoying)

here is an example of the nfo file i place in each folder:

<movie>
<title>UFC 124 St-Pierre vs Koscheck 2</title>
<set>! MMA</set>
<plot>Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. John Howard ** Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig ** Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira ** Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle ** Welterweight Championship bout: Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck</plot>
<year>Dec 11, 2010</year>
</movie>

I used "! MMA" for the set name so it will appear at the top of my movies list, as the "!" is alphabetically before any letter or number.
Going to add my UFC collection shortly to XBMC. When you guy's say 'movie set' I take it that means UFC collection is mixed in with movies? Is it not possible to give it it's only category?

UPDATE: Figured it out now, now understand 'movie sets' and set up UFC collection accordingly. For anyone else new to movie sets, I found these guides helpful.....

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/33873/con...ovie-sets/
Trying to scrape for The Ultimate Fighter series but unlike the main events, they don't appear to be on themoviedb. What have you guys done with these please?
TUF scrapes by tvdb though this current season is funky. The episode names are one off because episode 1 was aired seamlessly with episode 2 - each with their own episode name.
The scraper site is now all out of order: episode 3 is listed as episode 2 etc.
So, s14e3 has the episode name for episode two. e4 scrapes with the episode name that actually belongs to episode three... and so on.
This is an older thread initially. This subject is covered in some other recent threads too. First time I have seen this one.
You CAN have your UFC show up under your TV Shows with a tv show banner or poster. It involves a bit of custom work: creating your own .nfo files (not difficult once you get the hang of it - I have posted examples on the thread listed below) and using google images for your artwork. One of the newer threads (listed below) on this UFC subject has a zip/rar file with most of the work already done for us. Just adjust it to match your personal tastes.

With .nfo files you can do pretty much anything: ie you can make anything show up under your TV Shows Library. You can name things with any season or episode number you choose.
I chose to group mine in groups of 10 so I call ufc1 thru ufc10 season10, ufc 11-20 season20.
You can do episode 37.5 for the ultimates, fight nights, ufc on versus, etc.

EDIT When you add your source (UFC folder) be sure to set it as source/folder 'contains a single TV show' or it will not work right and lead to much frustration until you figure that out.

These Threads Should be helpful
How to Create an ".nfo" for T.V Series Not Supported by TVDB?
UFC not hosted by the TVDb, no TVTunes support?
Pages: 1 2