Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: stuck in windowed mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems i pressed a button on my keyboard and its stuck in window mode. and i dont think the keyboard is working because nothing seems to bring it back to full screen. also changing it to fullscreen in the settings with the mouse does nothing... How do i get it back to fullscreen?

running the dharma beta 2
same here!!! how do u solve it?
\ key (backslash)
Same here!

I alt-tabbed XBMC on Openelec, and now it is stuck in windowed mode in the top left screen corner, and neither keyboard nor remote nor mouse are working anymore!

I added <code><fullscreen>true</fullscreen></code> to advancedseetings.xml -- but it didn't help Sad

I can't use \ key (backslash) since the KB is not working Sad

Somewhere else it was recommended to delete guisettings.xml:
Quote:Exit xbmc from the shutdown menu (choose exit, not shutdown) then hit the Esc key, you should be prompted to login. After login delete /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
Code:
rm /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
sudo reboot

Even that didn't help!

What else can I do to get fullscreen mode, as well as keyboard, remote and mouse back (and prevent windowed mode in the future)?

Thanks heaps already
David.P
I CANT BELIEVE THAT I ALT-TABBED and this is going to ruin my closing time and my familys weekend!

Please, could someone please point me to where this alt-tab has been stored in the userdata folder?

I even re-installed Openelec and restored my userdata folder - and sure enough I'm stuck in that bloody windowed mode again!

Help Huh
Rename your guisettings.xml inside your userdata (wiki) alternatively look for setting inside guisettings.xml and change it, idk what is named

uNi
That was the first thing I did (using Windows network access) -- but it didn't help!

And I will loose all my GUI customization this way?

There must be this ONE setting that makes XBMC start in windowed mode -- but which one is it?
Have you asked in the OpenELEC forums? Maybe there's a quirk with their configuration that negates the usual techniques for restoring fullscreen and also disables input devices while windowed?
Try pressing \ key

Yes renaming guisettings.xml you lose all gui customizations, but what use is gui if you cant use it?
There is one setting its inside guisettings.xml but idk what is it named.

uNi
edit guisettings and set screenmode to DESKTOP:

<screenmode>DESKTOP</screenmode>
Try look for screenmode in your guisettings and set it to DESKTOP.
To prevent future accidents you might want to disable backslash in your keymap Smile

Code:
<videoscreen>
        <screenmode>WINDOW</screenmode>
</videoscreen>

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <backslash>Notification(Backslash, Don't press backslash, 3)</backslash>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>
Or disable the backslash key entirely:
Code:
:
        <backslash>noop</backslash>
:
Use the kodi remote app on your tablet or phone. There is a maximize button that looks like an arrow pointing to a corner, press and hold that for 1-2 seconds and that will get you out of windowed mode (top right corner on iPhone).
I was stuck in windowed mode and was greyed out in the video setting so I was not able to change it except with the remote app button.
Downloaded the stupid app on my phone and there was no arrow pointing to the corner. There was a button that says title to full screen but this do nothing to the imagine. Tried multiple fixes for this'd issue with no resolution.