Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [xbmc live] installing plugins / add-ons? - confused, tierd, :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im tierd, confused, gone around the world and back again..

this is probably the love/hate of linux?

ive recently purchased a revo 3610, solely for xbmc.

i installed to HDD, XBMC Live Dharma 2 (the latest model)

i eventually for SMB sharing with my vista computer, thats fine, i understand that now thanks to everyones help!

HOWEVER!!!!

i have been pulling my hair out for 6 hours today, yes, 6 hours, 6 long long hours!

.. by attempting to install a plugin or add-on, i dont know if there the same r whatever, but xbox live doesnt say plugin anywere, so here im assuming add-on is the plugin section.

i am trying to install the iplayer plugin, from the zip file i have downloaded from this website.

i copied the zip file to my memory stick, plug memory stick into revo.

i click install from zip file, goto memory stick and select iplayer.zip.

from here, nothing happens.

i have no clue what to do, and im finding it hard to find the patience, as for 6 hours ive been waiting for a reply for abit of help, but not got one (im sorry if that sounds bad??)

i am actually begging anyone to assist? i am good with computers, hardware, software, anything windows related. when it comes to linux, nothing at all.

please can someone point me in the right direction to this plugin installation
You just goto the addon manager in settings and install whatever is there. If the zip file you have is an addon, then maybe try restarting XBMC. I've noticed if not installed from addon manager you have to restart sometimes.

Check xbmc.log for hints as to whether anything went wrong.
i goto system -> settings -> add-ons -> install from zip file (im assuming i can install anything from a zip file with this?)

when i locate the iplayer.zip it doesnt work? or have i got the wrong idea with this feature?

also, when i click get add-ons, it shows XBMC.org Add-ons (these all work fine!)

although iplayer isnt in that list?
tslayer Wrote:You just goto the addon manager in settings and install whatever is there. If the zip file you have is an addon, then maybe try restarting XBMC. I've noticed if not installed from addon manager you have to restart sometimes.

Check xbmc.log for hints as to whether anything went wrong.

hi mate i can only find that method as a way to install a zip file however its not working at all?

the zip file was downloaded from this site under the iplayer plugin thread, so is this the normal way to installing zip files or have i completely got the wrong idea of how this xbmc live works
maybe you try to install a not addon compatible zip
ppic Wrote:maybe you try to install a not addon compatible zip

ok so if i was to install this without doing the "install from zip file"

how do i go about doing it? i have absolutely no idea and am completely stuck..

because i have no idea how to work this xbmc live, its making me want to send my revo back, its brand new and ive only owned it for 5 days, and for 4 days ive had nothing but a headache and late nights and still no further Sad
If the zip file is not a normal addon and is just a plugin, it won't work. It has to be an addon.

Please re-read my first reply to you. Did you restart? What about a debug xbmc.log? Look at my signature on how to get the log and where it is located.
tslayer Wrote:If the zip file is not a normal addon and is just a plugin, it won't work. It has to be an addon.

Please re-read my first reply to you. Did you restart? What about a debug xbmc.log? Look at my signature on how to get the log and where it is located.

hi mate, the iplayer is a plugin.

i am trying to install it as an add-on.

so obviously i had that wrong.

how would i go about installing a plugin then? ive tried endlessly looking through the wiki and threads on here. Sad
in the iPlayer thread there is mention of installing from Hitchers addon repo I suggest you try that.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

download the hitcher zip file
go to addons, install from zip
go into getaddons
go into hitchers repo
install iPlayer

-=Jason=-
you get it from there ? http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list
i've just installed it with install by zip, no problem so far

then after few second, addon activated appears.
i can see it in video addon

so do like me, if it doesn't works, please post your debug.log which is in your userdata / temp directory
Flomaster Wrote:in the iPlayer thread there is mention of installing from Hitchers addon repo I suggest you try that.

go into getaddons
go into hitchers repo
install iPlayer

-=Jason=-

hi mate i will try that right now! (HOPEFULLY THIS WORKS)

ppic Wrote:you get it from there ? http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list
i've just installed it with install by zip, no problem so far

then after few second, addon activated appears.
i can see it in video addon

so do like me, if it doesn't works, please post your debug.log which is in your userdata / temp directory

yes mate, i got it from that location on my windows computer.
i then tranferred the .zip file to memory stick.
plugged memory stick into revo
settings -> addons -> install from zip
located memory stick clickde the zip file and nothing.
Flomaster Wrote:in the iPlayer thread there is mention of installing from Hitchers addon repo I suggest you try that.

go into getaddons
go into hitchers repo
install iPlayer

-=Jason=-

this worked first time!!??!!

im confused?

this repo works via the addons menu and install by zip

but the iplayer.zip file didnt?

EDIT: although it install... when i try to launch it says script failed
This is the third time I am telling you about the xbmc.log.
tslayer Wrote:This is the third time I am telling you about the xbmc.log.

ok, by looking at your signature, ive gone to the page.

(bare in mind im newbie to linux)

(and please, excuse my ignorance and excuse my dumbness with linux!)

im now on: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

and is saying the log file is: /home/<username>/.xbmc/temp/

now, how do i access?

ive gone to: System, File Manager

which shows -> Profile Directory

with no .xbmc folder
Search the forums... bring up a console or even ftp or scp. Lots of different ways.
Pages: 1 2